4.6l Mustang GT vs. fbody LS1

Bam

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, the car I'm checking out this week has a lid already I believe, and a cutout, but stock manifolds/etc. So I think first things would be lt's and a new y-pipe/cutout if need be connected to the stock exhaust for now. Then go from there. I figure I can always uncap the exhaust for more power until I get a full exhaust.

You know what.... dont do anything to it. Save up 10k, drop in a 402 stroker, and build around that.

haha, doubt I'll go that extreme, I don't have the expendable budget you and some others on this site have. I wish...

Brian did you go with just the lid or the cold air?

Unless you specifically want/need the CAI, just go with the lid. They both do the same thing and make the same power. It basically comes down to $100 vs. $300.

Guest Removed
haha, doubt I'll go that extreme, I don't have the expendable budget you and some others on this site have. I wish...

no , your budget builds 4 or 5 cars a year.

So if its already got a lid on it why would I want a whisper or new lid, other ones just perform better?

Also, anyone got input on the best fitting/performing lt's, and maybe ones that don't hang so low, since I've heard about people hitting with them.

Just a company that makes a quality lid. MTI was the company that "developed" the lid idea. But MTI, SLP, Whisper are good companies to buy lids from. IMO, the clear lid looks pimp. :cool:

Oh yeah!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AssKickinLS1/100_0448.jpg

^^^ Can't tell you garage that. :D I do have a lid already on the car, but, there's a couple better ones on the market. You'd probably pick up a few RWHP if you end up buying a new one. Check GMHTP's website they did a lid test a few years back. I believe the Granatelli did the best, if I'm not mistaken.

So if its already got a lid on it why would I want a whisper or new lid, other ones just perform better?

Also, anyone got input on the best fitting/performing lt's, and maybe ones that don't hang so low, since I've heard about people hitting with them.

I think he was talking to me about the CAI. From what I have seen in the LTs is price. There are alright ones for $400 range then some really nice ones for $800. Comes down to what is in your budget IMO

The stock lid robs a few horses. It's just worth it to spend $100 on a aftermarket lid to free air flow and rid yourself of the restrictive sound baffles. Whisper, SLP and MTI all make great aftermarket lids. One lid does not make more power than another, so just pick out the one that most appeals to you. A lid is a lid.

As for headers, QTP and Kooks are usually up on the pedestal. If you've got $750 or more, go with one of them. If you only want to spend $300-$500, Pacesetter, Jet Hot and Hooker are calling your name.

Very nice looking Brian, besides that your car looks stock, lol. What lt's do you have?

LOL, yeah thats some random car I found.

QTP's. They are expensive as hell but really woke the car up. Just be careful if you dont have a custom y made. The QTP y-pipe was litterally 3 inches off the ground.