4.6l Mustang GT vs. fbody LS1

Bam

LS1. A bit more expensive to mod but well worth it. I have had 2 Gt's. One with bolt-on's. Cobra is fine but compared to a LS1, no comparison. I have drove, ran plenty cobras, modded and stock. LS1 is the best way. Cam/head swap full exhaust. That is all I have to say!!

you think an ls1 is more expensive to mod????????????? have you priced CAMS? ls1 1 cam sohc/dohc 2/4 cams. i've had both. wish i would have bought another lsx car but i got a good deal on my cobra. i think an lsx is better

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't 'Wease' run 12.8 in his factory freak LS1?

I ran 13.2 @ 106 100% stock and 12.585 @ 111.60 with a lid, Nittos, and catback. Of course, I can drive too. :)

This is a no brainer if you are comparing cars. I'd take the LS1 anyday over any 4.6 Mustang; with the exception of the 03/04 Cobra. :nod:

you think an ls1 is more expensive to mod????????????? have you priced CAMS? ls1 1 cam sohc/dohc 2/4 cams. i've had both. wish i would have bought another lsx car but i got a good deal on my cobra. i think an lsx is better

I know there are alot more expensive. Full exhaust on my 01Gt and gears was only 1200. LS1 GTO with gears over 2 grand. Manifold 800, GT throttle and plenum w/ manifold 600 for a GT. In all the price is alot cheaper. I can go into detail or reciepts!

We're going to do a dig if anything.. lol after my drag tires are put on.. only to 40mph..

haha. no digs for me for awhile. My clutch is slipping some. so I don't want to burn it up. You do anything else to the goat?

i'd say get a 96-98 cobra, and do some light bolt-ons--exhaust/intake/gears, or go with a mach1. the LSx motors are great, i just prefer the styling of the mustang over the f-bodies (except a ram-air trans-am). both cars can be made fast, and both cars can be made into piles of shit if modded incorrectly.

Guest Removed
huh uh. most people agree that mustangs sound better, and i do not conform to the myth that gm's, especially f-bodies, are more reliable than fords.

thats all it is , a myth. :rolleyes:

gms have much longer tsb lists then ford explorers.and all those are junk :D

4.6l vs 5.7/6.0 l

apples vs oranges

:confused:

I'd say for the price (if my mind is working right) do a '99 cobra. I personally prefer the mustang to LS1 cars. We need to at least have a couple people on the Fors side, it's getting lonely over here.

haha. no digs for me for awhile. My clutch is slipping some. so I don't want to burn it up. You do anything else to the goat?

staying stock.. I want to get the most out of it stock form at the track before any mods..

DeeJay, what's the lowest you'd take cash for the car? Doesn't it need some work or something? the 99 that is...just curious..

pm me and offer, maybe we can work something out.. Just the tranny sycros or whatever the hell their called, but I was planning on replacing and fixed it and selling it afterwards.. so make the goat faster..

The 4.6 does not compare to an ls1, teh 5.0 on the other hand, does.

Has anyone noticed the trend of going from Mustangs to LSX cars? :D

I went from fireturd to fox body.

You are a hooker, and a dirty one at that.

I ran 13.2 @ 106 100% stock and 12.585 @ 111.60 with a lid, Nittos, and catback. Of course, I can drive too. :)

This is a no brainer if you are comparing cars. I'd take the LS1 anyday over any 4.6 Mustang; with the exception of the 03/04 Cobra. :nod:

A Mach 1 will run those same numbers.... ;)

I'd say for the price (if my mind is working right) do a '99 cobra.

If you can find one. Haven't seen many 99's around. The 99's had the lawsuit against SVT because they didn't deliver 320 like they had said. Now I hear the cobras that got "fixed" were demons, but haven't seen many 99 Cobras still round. Found a lot more of the 01 Cobras around.

Hadn't heard that, I'll need to go read some about the '99s. I haven't looked for any below '03 in a while, but a couple years ago I was seeing '01s for ~16-18k.

Yeah the 99's never delivered the power SVT said it did. Guys got whooped on by LS1's, went to dyno their cars, found out it was only making maybe 260RWHP give or take. So needless to say, the customers were pissed off at SVT for over rating the cobras. But the dealers took em back, I think put a new intake manifold and exhausts on em. I heard some cars after the "fix" were all out monsters, and some made over the 320 RWHP mark. So yeah 01's are a lil easier to get a hold of. No make cobras for the 00 model year thanks to the fuck up.

has the thread starter even said what he is wanting to spend? I would say a mach1 would a great choice. I would get one of those over a ls1. and there are plenty of 99 cobra around. I had several in mind when I was searching, over course none of them were in the state. My best advise when looking for a car is broaden your search to outside the state. You can find great deals.