99' SV650 for first bike?

Bam

I've found a good looking bike that seems like a decent deal and I want to go check it out.

He says its a 99 SV650, 5300miles, and is asking $3500. Its blue in the pictures and looks nice.

Would this be a comfortable street bike and good first bike? I know this is a stupid question, but are they fast? Just wondering if I do buy it and after I get comfortable riding it I don't want to be bored. Also, any known problems or things I should check out on bikes?

Thanks guys, gonna go check it out today.

Go for it! I used to have an 03 SV650S. It was my first bike. It handles a little different as compared to your basic R6 or GSXR600. The SV seems to have more leeway in turns for slightly better control (imo) also the V-twin delivers excellent power in all gears. They are pretty quick on bottom end but the fastest I ever had mine upto was about 130ish. Thats where they top out at roughly. Really fun bike. I only had mine for about a year and put 8k miles on it! I never had one problem with that bike what so ever. Except having to put a new tire on every 1000 or so miles from doin wheelies :cool:

I've found a good looking bike that seems like a decent deal and I want to go check it out.

He says its a 99 SV650, 5300miles, and is asking $3500. Its blue in the pictures and looks nice.

Would this be a comfortable street bike and good first bike? I know this is a stupid question, but are they fast? Just wondering if I do buy it and after I get comfortable riding it I don't want to be bored. Also, any known problems or things I should check out on bikes?

Thanks guys, gonna go check it out today.

Not a bad first bike. $3500 for it seems a little steep. I think they are only 6K new.