Trying to figure out which bike to buy?

ls1plus

You want a sport tourer if you're looking for sportbikes...

ZX-14

Hayabusa

BKing

Otherwise, you're looking at Goldwing or an FJ1300 if you just want to ride with a passenger, in comfort.

Sure, the 600s and 1000 sportbikes can take passengers, but if you go any farther than 10-20 miles, expect them to start bitching. Passengers are not comfortable on sportbikes and neither will your balls as they moosh you into he tank.

I was thinking another crotch rocket. I realize they aren't the most comfortable for long rides. I still want something that goes fast but will also handle well on curvy roads.

600? I'd suggest the R6 (06-present) or ZX6R (07-present) I like the newer CBR 600RRs, too.

750? Only one out there. Best bike in my opinion for the street. Not as angry as a 1000 and not as rev happy as a 600...

1000? Pick a color. They are all above anyone's ability level. My opinion is somewhat biased so, I will let you figure what works best for you. They're all really good and the 09 Suzook and R1 are going to be even better...

In between machines?

600? There's the R6 Sport. Cool bike and a good step up from an F2

750? Interceptor is a decent choice, but a little heavy and older technology. I'd go with something maybe older in the used area. GSXR or even ZX7R. They were great street bikes...

1000? Try an 06-07 CBR1000. More user friendly than the others in that group. Again, if you want a little less angry...

If you want sport touring, well that's a different story and maybe others can chime in. I like the ZX14 best. I actually rode an FJ and really thought it was a good bike, as well. The bags are tough to swallow, but I would say it is a lot better handling bike than some give credit.

600? I'd suggest the R6 (06-present) or ZX6R (07-present) I like the newer CBR 600RRs, too.

lizard why the 07 zx6? i thought they lost a little grunt after moving back in cc's. just a question cuz he was wanting the more power for the passenger.

One of the best streetbikes I ever had was my 2002 Yamaha FZ-1.

Plenty-o-balls (once it was jetted and tuned), handled well (once the forks were done and the shock was swapped) and you could ride two-up all day in reasonable comfort.

It wasn't sportbike precise in the handling department, and it wasn't a Goldwing in the touring department, but it really did everything pretty well.

One of the best streetbikes I ever had was my 2002 Yamaha FZ-1.

Plenty-o-balls (once it was jetted and tuned), handled well (once the forks were done and the shock was swapped) and you could ride two-up all day in reasonable comfort.

It wasn't sportbike precise in the handling department, and it wasn't a Goldwing in the touring department, but it really did everything pretty well.

I absolutely agree. The 2001-2005 are a bit more touring friendly and the 2006-present are a bit sportier.

My 2008 is reasonably fast, much more comfortable than a full fairing sportbike, and actually handles well also. It could definitely benefit from some suspension work, as it is somewhat harsh and with limited adjustment.

It's just a great all around street bike. :)