Trying to figure out which bike to buy?

ls1plus

I notice no one commented on Dave's v-rod suggestion..... hmmm I wonder why??? y'all aren't baggin on the ol' harley are ya's???

No hardley's are fine if you got deep pockets for all the repairs, like oil spots in your drive, have a mechanic on call 24/7, oh and like getting beat in the 1/4 by a geo metro :metal:

sorry Dave...

No hardley's are fine if you got deep pockets for all the repairs, like oil spots in your drive, have a mechanic on call 24/7, oh and like getting beat in the 1/4 by a geo metro :metal:

sorry Dave...

Ahhhhh....another sheep has been added to the flock.

I've owned several HD's through the years, and none of them had any service issues. The last one that I owned left for its new owner with over 80,000 miles on the clock. It never saw the dealership service department.

I've also seen a few HD's that would wax some liter bikes. A certain Turbocharged V-Rod we built comes to mind.

Ahhhhh....another sheep has been added to the flock.

I've owned several HD's through the years, and none of them had any service issues. The last one that I owned left for its new owner with over 80,000 miles on the clock. It never saw the dealership service department.

I've also seen a few HD's that would wax some liter bikes. A certain Turbocharged V-Rod we built comes to mind.

OK so are you extremely lucky or a hardley mechanic? Its just everyone I know with a hardley has problems with it. When I was in sturgis (working @ hardley store) this year I could not believe how many hardley riders were looking for service and how many said they would never buy another.

Don't take it the wrong way... to each their own and I'll ride with anyone regardless what they ride but I was just amazed at how many were having problems with bikes that were less than a year old if I was to spend 20k or more on a bike I'd expect the thing to hold up. And the sad thing is hardley could give a shit if you get a lemon. The finance lady where I bought my bike had bought a screaming eagle package for her husband from hardley and was installed by hardley now they said warranty is void do to the alterations that their package and their mechanics did.

I have been out of the loop and I am looking for something that handles well. I will probably have a passenger when I do most of riding as well so that is another factor.

If a 'Busa is on your radar ... and 08+ won't disappoint as long as you do a full (lightweight) exhaust and you'll have plenty of room for a passenger.

With the lighter exhaust it will 'handle' but don't expect to hang with a RR, etc...