You lose Brady Quinn!!!

El Karacho1647545492

If Jamal Lewis only had 3 yards per carry running behind Jonathan Ogden and the rest of Baltimore's talented o-line, how the hell will he get 4+ ypc or 1400 yards in Cleveland? Thomas will be awesome but he hasn't even played a game yet, and it takes a couple years to adjust sometimes. Look at Robert Gallery, he still hasn't picked it all up yet in Oakland. Not to mention the rest of Cleveland's line isn't exactly made up of Pro Bowlers.

Bottom line is that Lewis has bad knees and is getting old and is basically slow as shit compared to other backs. He isn't the playmaker he once was and he won't have many carries of 20+ yards. He has good power and will be a nice "change of pace" back, but he will split time with Jerome Harrison and possibly that Wright guy. If Droughns can rush for 1500 in Denver and come to Cleveland and only get half that, how do you expect Lewis to dramatically improve over last year's performance for the Ravens?

If Lewis stays healthy, and thats a big IF, and IF Cleveland's line does a decent job blocking, I could see Lewis possibly getting 1,000 yards.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns still won't beat the Steelers though

Go Steelers!!!

I don't give a damn either way about Brady Quinn. I do know that certain teams like ND get lots of publicity regardless of how good they are. He is a good QB not sure if he is as good as the hype. But I guess we'll find out next year when the browns miss the playoffs again... Oh and just incase I forgot GO STEELERS!!!

Anthony Gonzalez will be great in Indy, he is so much like Brandon Stokley (who was injured almost all of last year) that he will slide right into the offense and be yet another threat for defenses to have to worry about. Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and now Gonzalez with Adaii coming out of the backfield and of course Manning throwing the ball the Colts offense is going to be VERY hard to stop this year. Just wish they would buff up their defense and they would be almost unstoppable, hopefully they play like they did in the playoffs.

If Droughns can rush for 1500 in Denver and come to Cleveland and only get half that, how do you expect Lewis to dramatically improve over last year's performance for the Ravens?

Because Droughns was the ONLY offensive threat that the Browns had...no quarterback means you never have to drop to nickel, meaning you can always attack the run with ferocity.

Because Droughns was the ONLY offensive threat that the Browns had...no quarterback means you never have to drop to nickel, meaning you can always attack the run with ferocity.

True, they did have a lot of issues on offense last year, and opposing defenses did focus most of their attention on Droughns. It can be hard for any back to be successful when everyone is keyed on the run, especially if the safeties move up and they got 9 in the box.

Is LeCharles Bentley still on their roster?

I'm bot saying they will, or easily will split the afc north, but if that were to happen, I can see an 8-8 outcome this year. Cincy is the only real threat I see of sweeping the Browns this year.

I bet a whole Dollar they go 8-8 this year. Maybe, I should raise my expectations, If I say 8-8 they wil go 7-9

Wikipedia - Joey Galloway...

"Considered one of the best players in Ohio State history, Galloway entered the draft in 1995. At the combine, he recorded a record 4.18 second 40 yard dash time. He made an immediate impact in the NFL. Early in his professional career he was considered by many to be one of the most gifted players in the NFL, going over the 1,000 yard mark in three of his first four seasons, while also being a star return"

And now back to Ginn

Please keep in mind Ginn was limping and ran a 4.3.... To run a 4.3 at a combine dealing with the stress, and being hurt is amazing!!!! I think he was drafted so early because he will be able to out run 90% of the DB's in a straight line foot race. The speed he has on the field is very rare. There are only a few "burners" that enter the draft every year. In his highlights he is constantly out running guys that are 20 yards ahead of him... and are taking a persuit angle. In college its a touchdown... In the pros its an extra 20-30 yards and maybe the difference needed to give the team a spark. If he can get his route running together he could be a deep threat for Culpepper the way Randy Moss once was.

Dude WTF are you talking about. Ted Ginn sat out the combine, but worked out for the OSU pro day on March 10th. Where he ran an 4.38 and a 4.45. Mind you this was all done by Ohio State Athletics. Now reports are coming out that he most likely get a late start to tranning camp therefore he will miss the first couple of games.

BTW-Deion Sanders holds the combine record in the 40 with a 4.29. Joey Galloways timed 40 at 4.19 was at the infamous fast OSU pro work out day.

I'm bot saying they will, or easily will split the afc north, but if that were to happen, I can see an 8-8 outcome this year. Cincy is the only real threat I see of sweeping the Browns this year.

I bet a whole Dollar they go 8-8 this year. Maybe, I should raise my expectations, If I say 8-8 they wil go 7-9

They will not go 8-8

Deon was such a freak in his early days. I dont know if any of you saw him play baseball for the Clippers when he was here ( or the Reds in Cinci ) .. Boy was he fun to watch steal every base in front of him and flag down balls in the outfield. They would throw to first 5 straight times knowing he would steal and still couldnt get him out. Too bad he couldnt hit for average :( Anyways, I know I'm off topic.

I'll add I also thought it was funny watching Quinn fall to 22. :D