• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redbarron77

• TheBrown57

• nautical1

• ninjachic

In the film War Games a young hacker accidentally triggers a DOD computer to start strategizing nuclear war scenarios. It is not clear if this is a simulation or real.

In the final scene the hacker teaches the computer the futility of nuclear war by having it play tic-tac-toe. The computer realizes that there is no way to win either game against an expert opponent and shuts down the war/simulation.

Edited by Scruit

Doesn't that say a lot about us? We yell and scream about how child molestors shoudl all be skinned alive with a belt sander then rolled in salt... Then we laugh at "Pedobear" - a cartoon character respresening a child molestor.

And when I say "We" I include me.

Yup - that's what I mean. There is is 0% chance that a random answer will be correct. But 0% is not an option. There is no valid answer.

I had a cup of coffee this morning and though of this. 0% as an option (instead of 60%) would make the paradox even deeper:

A) 25%

B) 50%

C) 0%

D) 25%

If you choose C) 0%, you are choosing a "correct" answer, and since "0%" only appears once, it would be a 25% chance, making both A and D correct again for a 50% chance making B correct... deeper into the abyss we go. :nono:

I had a cup of coffee this morning and though of this. 0% as an option (instead of 60%) would make the paradox even deeper:

A) 25%

B) 50%

C) 0%

D) 25%

If you choose C) 0%, you are choosing a "correct" answer, and since "0%" only appears once, it would be a 25% chance, making both A and D correct again for a 50% chance making B correct... deeper into the abyss we go. :nono:

:D