• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redbarron77

• TheBrown57

• nautical1

• ninjachic

I use this same setup in my barn. Works like a charm!

12 kills and counting!

How do you kill them? Water in the pan?

This is a great idea that is safer than traditional snap traps for my dogs.

There's a similar trap that uses a platform suspended over water and once the mouse gets hear the bait the platform collapses - that's only good for one catch per trap reset - but the cylinder trap (coke bottle, pvc pipe or anything similar that can take a central axle) is a great improvement.

There's something in my barn that I need to try and catch. Wonder if I can make a groundhog-sized trap fro a 55 gal bucket and a 3-liter coke bottle. :D

How do you kill them? Water in the pan?

This is a great idea that is safer than traditional snap traps for my dogs.

There's a similar trap that uses a platform suspended over water and once the mouse gets hear the bait the platform collapses - that's only good for one catch per trap reset - but the cylinder trap (coke bottle, pvc pipe or anything similar that can take a central axle) is a great improvement.

There's something in my barn that I need to try and catch. Wonder if I can make a groundhog-sized trap fro a 55 gal bucket and a 3-liter coke bottle. :D

Yup, just fill half way and then when they fall in they cant climb back out.

Yup, just fill half way and then when they fall in they cant climb back out.

You need something a little bit more.... Saw... How about a light pressure plate that turns on a ring of blowtorches. "I want to play a game"

or collect a bucket o' mice and release them in a field far away..... i feel bad for the mice who drown :-/

I did that once - Released a mouse that the bottom of the garden. It looked up at me then scurried it's hairy ass right back towards the house. By the time I got back it had locked the door, eaten all my food, drank all my beer, smoked all my cigars and had taken liberties with my wife. :mad:

I did that once - Released a mouse that the bottom of the garden. It looked up at me then scurried it's hairy ass right back towards the house. By the time I got back it had locked the door, eaten all my food, drank all my beer, smoked all my cigars and had taken liberties with my wife. :mad:

Must of been an Irish mouse

• Upvote 1

or collect a bucket o' mice and release them in a field far away..... i feel bad for the mice who drown :-/

Don't release pests. They just come back or become someone elses problem.

Drowning is probably not the most humane way of killing but I like the resetablity of the trap.

However I suspect that a mouse flailing in the bottom of the bucket or floating there rotting warns off the next one any ways.

Craig