Hola from Ohio.

Guest neoncrazy101

i had a brain fart and when i got off i was like. "wait, this is COLUMBUSracing, wow i must be stupid today" lol.

and i am for real. i think. anyways. i'm not going to do a SRT-4 swap. if i were to do that, i'd rather just buy a SRT-4 or a 03-05 Neon, be a lot easier. plus i like the 2.0l in the Neons. My plans for it though would be drynomax exhaust, MPx UDP, and some other things that i already have (aka highflow cat and a CAI, a real CAI not a WAI). oh and as soon as my green Neon finally dies or i just stop driving it i'll be ripping the motor out of that one and doing a performance rebuild on that and then swap it into my red one. so now then, who was i supposed to PM?

and no bondo on any of the Neons, least not that i know of, i just bought the red one a few weeks ago so who knows.

you could put a 2.4 in those cars in about 3 hours. oh and yes all the mounts will mount up perfectly.

oh and 00-02 neons are the same as 03-05 neons except they changed come parts on the outside and slowed down the 2.0 with emissions.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neoncrazy101
you could put a 2.4 in those cars in about 3 hours. oh and yes all the mounts will mount up perfectly.

oh and 00-02 neons are the same as 03-05 neons except they changed come parts on the outside and slowed down the 2.0 with emissions.

i dont like the 00-02 style though so it would be the 03-05 for me. and if you're good at fabbing and u've done it before then it can be done in about 3 or so hours but my friend whose been into modding for a very long time started his 2.4LT swap in his 1st gen and it took him a couple of days to get everything working.

i dont like the 00-02 style though so it would be the 03-05 for me. and if you're good at fabbing and u've done it before then it can be done in about 3 or so hours but my friend whose been into modding for a very long time started his 2.4LT swap in his 1st gen and it took him a couple of days to get everything working.

hi yeah i said 2.4 not a srt swap. throwing a 2.4 in is totally different than throwing a 2.4t from an srt into it. But if the old engine was out I could have the srt it in the car in a day. dont base swaps on your friends time schedule.

neons are easy from what I HEAR.

Guest neoncrazy101
actually. the only difference between the 2.4T and 2.4 is well, the turbo. and intercooler and lines but thats it. other than that there isn't any block differences and those aren't even in with the block lol. anyways....

i had a brain fart and when i got off i was like. "wait, this is COLUMBUSracing, wow i must be stupid today" lol.

and i am for real. i think. anyways. i'm not going to do a SRT-4 swap. if i were to do that, i'd rather just buy a SRT-4 or a 03-05 Neon, be a lot easier. plus i like the 2.0l in the Neons. My plans for it though would be drynomax exhaust, MPx UDP, and some other things that i already have (aka highflow cat and a CAI, a real CAI not a WAI). oh and as soon as my green Neon finally dies or i just stop driving it i'll be ripping the motor out of that one and doing a performance rebuild on that and then swap it into my red one. so now then, who was i supposed to PM?

and no bondo on any of the Neons, least not that i know of, i just bought the red one a few weeks ago so who knows.

I think you missed the point. Why mod a 2.0 NA Neon.

If you did all of the bolt ons I bet you still would barely run a mid 15

It would not have lots of tq or hp

it would use what tq it does have to tq steer

there is nothing you can do to that motor with in reason to warrant spending any more money it.

Not trying to crush you just kinda getting you to ask yourself whats the point.

If you sPENT all the money on all those parts and put them all on what would you end up with MAX 10-15 WHP ?

i gotta say as much shit as you're slinging this guy's way i think he's got a pretty solid grip on the mentality we like to attribute to ourselves here at CR.

yeah, he's not throwing a turbo on it right now and he's putting on a CAI and exhaust or whatever. i haven't read the whole thread. asking him why do that is like asking you, thorne, why the fuck would you buy a WRX? so it performs well, is reliable, and is an awd sports car. could you not have gotten that from, say, a B5 S4 for a comparable price, and ended up with a faster car? Its just what suits you, man.

This guy isn't coming on here with claims of greatness or aspirations of a 8-second street car in a neon. He's just doing what he enjoys for a few dimes less than you may choose.

carry on, n00b

actually. the only difference between the 2.4T and 2.4 is well, the turbo. and intercooler and lines but thats it. other than that there isn't any block differences and those aren't even in with the block lol. anyways....

well wrong.... late 90s 2.4 had a different oiling system and coolant line system than 2002 and up. Also there was a balancing shaft difference but I bet you knew that too. also the oil pump, water pump, oil pick up tube, oil pan were all different. this is why people that had 2.4 NA engines in 2000-2005 NA cars swapped oil pan, oil pump, water pump so they can run their lower dogbone mount.

i gotta say as much shit as you're slinging this guy's way i think he's got a pretty solid grip on the mentality we like to attribute to ourselves here at CR.

yeah, he's not throwing a turbo on it right now and he's putting on a CAI and exhaust or whatever. i haven't read the whole thread. asking him why do that is like asking you, thorne, why the fuck would you buy a WRX? so it performs well, is reliable, and is an awd sports car. could you not have gotten that from, say, a B5 S4 for a comparable price, and ended up with a faster car? Its just what suits you, man.

This guy isn't coming on here with claims of greatness or aspirations of a 8-second street car in a neon. He's just doing what he enjoys for a few dimes less than you may choose.

carry on, n00b

I agree with you. I'm just given him some ribben. They money could be used to get a AWD dsm and be faster and still have a great daily.

But I think he's got a good chance here. He sure has SexyBlackcav's first day beat on lack of n00bness.

As for my answer. I got my wrx out the door for 15 flat. The neon as a DD is not a bad choice though. And a grand in parts was 65HP @wheel

I agree with you. I'm just given him some ribben. They money could be used to get a AWD dsm and be faster and still have a great daily.

But I think he's got a good chance here. He sure has SexyBlackcav's first day beat on lack of n00bness.

As for my answer. I got my wrx out the door for 15 flat. The neon as a DD is not a bad choice though.

Ehh I own a dsm. It likes to sit in the garage more then be driven...

Guest neoncrazy101
its a SOHC, and no no, no body kits or anything. I'm more into the sleepers and classical modding. aka: only true performance parts, no show, just go.

You will become a master noob when you can beat someone in a roll. A 20,40,and 60 roll.

I think id rather stay where i am right now and not go up against anybody in a roll. I didn't/don't want to be the master noob.

Did the others really pm you?

Yes, 2 of them did.

I think you missed the point. Why mod a 2.0 NA Neon.

If you did all of the bolt ons I bet you still would barely run a mid 15

It would not have lots of tq or hp

it would use what tq it does have to tq steer

there is nothing you can do to that motor with in reason to warrant spending any more money it.

Not trying to crush you just kinda getting you to ask yourself whats the point.

If you sPENT all the money on all those parts and put them all on what would you end up with MAX 10-15 WHP ?

Honestly, Thorne what kind of mods or what kind of numbers have you made to warrant you to tell him how to mod the car. I mean I don't ever recall you building a 2.0 n/a neon/eclipse blah blah... I mean it is his money and who said he was going to keep it n/a ??