Where to boat for Red, White, and Boom

Nitrousbird

I usually watch Red, White, and Boom every year. I've done the club/bar thing downtown, walked around down town, watched it from a couple different parks, etc. But I've always wanted to take my boat out on the river and watch.

- Where is there a good place to watch on the river?

- Where is a good place to put in?

- Any rules/regulations/things I should look out for?

A pontoon boat would be sweet for that.

Eck, that's for old people.

I've seen boats on the water out there a couple years ago, I'm just curious as to where I need to go in at. I'll probably make a test run this Thursday evening if I can find a spot, and do some slalom skiing while I'm out there.

We had out boat out this weekend, felt nice to get back on the water. I didn't get a chance to ski since I didn't have anyone to drive, but the kids had fun as did everyone else. I tried teaching a buddy how to drive last fall, so that I could slalom/wakeboard, but the frustration wasn't worth it, lol.

I'm not finding any good info online about the river at all.

About the best info I can find is on Griggs Reservoir, but that's not close enough to the action, and you can't get past the dam as far as I know (my g/f lives right next to it, so I've walked around there a lot, but haven't taken my boat on it yet).

The only things I have discovered are the standard boating rules that apply pretty much through all of Ohio, that you can't tube on the river (suckage), no lake lice allowed (sweet), and there is a 10HP limit on everything but:

Griggs

downtown Scioto River pool

O’Shaughnessy reservoir (which is by the zoo, no good)

I think I know where the river pool is, but I'm not sure where a ramp would be for it.

looking on google earth there is no way to get a boat down there that are several dams north and south of the city and I didn't see a ramp.

301 West Whittier Street

Columbus, OH 43215

They say there is a boat ramp there. If the weather holds out, I'm going to check it out this evening.

Doesn't Delaware or someone around Alum Creek do a fireworks show right on the lake?? I've heard something about it and hear it's a good show.

if so, do you know if you can rent a boat or anything? that would be titties!

DO NOT GO TO THE Scioto River Pool!!!!!

We take the boat down there tonight. Small, but with no one out there, enough room for us to play. Had a real boat ramp...crappy, but still real.

Then we take off. Middle of the area, we are dragging bottom. We got about 1/2 way out, turned around, and put the boat right back on the trailer. And my boat isn't even all that big or heavy.

The ranger guy when we pulled up said "you are going to put that in??!!" That should have been a sign. But he said it gets packed on there on the 4th. Must be packed with dingies w/ a 10hp motor, because ANYTHING else will drag. I'd be afraid of sucking stuff up w/ a jet boat.

Looks like we will be watching from Griggs.