Ohio talking E-check will your car pass????

turbo rotary + emissions? = HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all honesty id probably swap in an entire stock exhaust and intake, run an airpump into the cat, retune the haltech on a seperate map to just idle and do whatever else it has to, then get it tested. hopefully i could pass and then change it all back.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its only around the lake mentor area close to cleveland thats the only area that echecks ..they started back in the late 90s ...have buddy up around there and a few years back they droped the echecks in his area east of mentor...but there talking a state wide ...hope it dont happen ...but as i said theres money in it for them

A lot more than that.. I grew up in clevo and had to deal with that shit all 18yrs of my life there. Unless it changed and I didnt hear about it yet

If I put the cats back on and scheduled a session with Bill to retune my car I think it will.

Mine passed as it sits, if you are OBDII compliant it probably will pass as they don't sniff newer cars.

where have you guys been hah. they have had echeck in cleveland and cinci since as far back as I can possibly remember. we just happen to luck out and live in a county where they allow shit boxes on the road.

They got rid of echeck in cincy/dayton a while ago. The only place that still has it is cleveland.

My only problem with it was there were only a few cities that had it, make it statewide or nowhere.

Guest nasty57
i know a guy that is pretty high up with the epa. He deals with all the spills and contaminations in ohio. We have talked about this before and he said that he honnestly doubts that it will come down to it. He said that they use it to scare and threaten but it doesnt go any further usually. They said it was going to happen a few years ago and it never did.

Ask the cleveland guys how they managed. They've had e-check there for years and I know that theres no way in hell cars such as jp's colt or pretty much any of jamies cars would've passed. I was still living in cleveland when I bought my talon but had it registered in columbus so that I wouldn't have to deal with that bs.

I can't remember - are you running cats? I have considered putting on a catted Y anyways - to bring down the volume just a bit;-)

I put a catted Y on for the visual but I think the cats were hollowed out anyway.

The guy heard my car pull in and he laughed, I just said "test the dam car" and he smirked. He about fell over when the screen showed "test passed, Fee $19.50" so he ran it again to the same result.

I know quite a few tricks if they go back to the same or a similar system. It's actually pretty easy to get by with a passing result.

I put a catted Y on for the visual but I think the cats were hollowed out anyway.

The guy heard my car pull in and he laughed, I just said "test the dam car" and he smirked. He about fell over when the screen showed "test passed, Fee $19.50" so he ran it again to the same result.

I know quite a few tricks if they go back to the same or a similar system. It's actually pretty easy to get by with a passing result.

If it comes to that I will call ya!

i won't pass an obd check because i took the egr off, but i do have a cat so i might be able to pass a sniffer test

If your car is OBDII compliant and they resume testing like they had in the past, you aren't given an option for the sniffer, you have to do the OBDII test.