Places to ride around worthington.

thorne

Sometimes when I get up before work I want to ride something thats not to far away. Any suggestions of something that I could leave my house and be back within a hour but have a fun ride? I tried to just randomly go places tonight. I went out countyline rd thinking it would have something fun.... I found otterbien college but thats about it.

This is just for a evening type ride before work.

In Worthington..no. Especially if this will be a spirited ride. WoPo > Satan. Usually when I'm going for a quick ride I take old 315N to Orange Rd, right over bridge, left on first road. Left at stop, right on first road, left at stop, right on first rd.. basically running parallel to old 315,but on the other side of the river. There are some nice roads around Hoover, as well. You would be cutting it short with only an hour, however.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/supra95spd/315route.jpg

I've heard bad things about worthington cops.

315 is pretty good and late at night there is very little traffic. I know of what road he's talking about on the other side of the 315. You ever seen the little stone castle thing towards the end half in the river, Adam?

Thorne, take a long lunch one night or get your ass up earlier in the day and come by and I'll take you on "Christian's Giant Circle Cruise". :D

I used to ride old 315 a lot, but don't really anymore. Unfortunately the grossly increased trafic volume, blind corners, and blind driveways make for a horrible combo.

Plus, after having a good friend beef it through there behind me, and having a customer die on that road, it really pains me to watch other bikers fly through there while I wait for a car to pull out in front of them.

Ultimately, it's a nice scenic drive, but as far as going fast though it, there are not nearly enough good corners (as is the case with just about every road around c-bus)

You ever seen the little stone castle thing towards the end half in the river?

Ive seen that building. Theres a sign that says no trespassing(not that its gonna stop me) and its state property I believe. Next time Im up there Im gonna take a few pics and go inside. I would like to know if it was a mill or just a house and when it was built.

Actually, it was originally a wooden mill. After changing ownership, the new owner built the stone around the old wooden mill and continued to use it. THe wood's pretty much all gone. When the river's a little high, the bottom floor is flooded and you have to crawl in through the second story window. :D I like to explore, too. At the time, I had only a camera phone at it was at night, so no pics. However, I have another place I would like to check out. See below.

Smokey is right about 315. Best time is late at night. There is way too much traffic and not enough deep curves. 257 is probably better for that. I do have some more and better drives just ne of me here in Delaware. There is an old factory off one of the roads I take back sometimes that is abandoned behind an old fence that is half down. There is a housing development near it to park and 'blend in' at, if need be. Have to do it at night so no witnesses. Anyone up for some 'hide and go shit yourself'?

Ill go, I love doing that kind of thing. http://www.forgottenoh.com/LimaTB/limatb.html I went there over the winter. It was creepy and I want to go back when its not -10 degrees. The building had really decayed. Some parts of the steel I-beams could be broken apart by hand because they were so rusted.

Yes, the old 315 roads are not very good for go-fast rides. They are, however, nice for a relaxing scenic ride. I'm in Worthington from Thursday morning to Sunday night. Give me a call at 614-352-4409 if you'd like a buddy to ride with. - Nick. P.S. I went to the TB Hospital with Wheezy, it was very interesting. If anyone is up for a ride to another "scary" place, I'd be up for it.