Anyone got a kite tube

Sam1647545489

Don't get caught Sam, they are illegal now. :(

Illegal or not, I'd use one if I could get my paws on one. But they are still a fortune and a half on e-bay.

And be careful; from what I read, when the tube becomes unstable, back off on the throttle, and the tube will correct itself. But doing 50+ MPH + 30' in the air and crashing = injury. Everything I read said keep it at 30MPH and have a good, attentive driver.

Don't get caught Sam, they are illegal now. :(

Illegal or not, I'd use one if I could get my paws on one. But they are still a fortune and a half on e-bay.

And be careful; from what I read, when the tube becomes unstable, back off on the throttle, and the tube will correct itself. But doing 50+ MPH + 30' in the air and crashing = injury. Everything I read said keep it at 30MPH and have a good, attentive driver.

I wont do anything stupid with someone else life on the tube. I was only thinking 25 mph.

Thought

I wont do anything stupid with someone else life on the tube. I was only thinking 25 mph.

Then you don't need a kite tube. 25mph is going to get an adult airborn. If they can't get airborn then there's no point in using a kite tube, they suck on the water.

If you do get one, you'll go fast, it's ok, we understand. Just make sure whoever you're dragging realizes that the veiw over the nose isn't worth dying for. Keep the weight at the ass and you wont have nose-over disasters. Try tying a little parachute or a streamer to the back, take a tip from actual kites on how to maintain stability. ;)

http://www.break.com/index/dude-body-slammed-by-tube.html

You don't have to nose over to get wrecked either. I caught a crosswind when I was only ~5 feet up and it went sideways, throwing me head first into the water. (I actually thought I saved myself at first, but it hit the water mostly on the left side, bounced of the water and rolled over.) I had a huge headache and my neck hurt for over a week.

The weekend after that the guy who owned the boat had some co-workers out with him. One of the guys got hurt pretty bad. He was knocked unconcious, lost some teeth, and went into a seizure on the boat. They took him to the hospital and I think he's fine now, but he had no short term memory for about a week. He would come over to my friends desk and have a conversation. Five minutes later he'd come back and ask all the same questions with no recollection of the previous talk.

I'll never do it again, that's for sure.