2 Day Autox at OSU Aug. 4-5

Dr. Apex

Yes it is at OSU all weekend. There will be a different course each day. They are having open registration and tech from 6-8pm tonight at the Ackerman lot and this would be the best time to go register if you havn't yet, then you don't have to show up as early tomorrow morning.

Obviously it's going to be hot so bring some sunblock, a chair, and shade if you can.

hey vander, wanna race this weekend? i was just curious is anyone has ever seen your car out?

I can't my bumper is off get repainted. The center console and part of the dash is out because I am doing some rewiring. Then once I get the bumper back on and dash I'm selling it. I had a sale pending but the deal fell through. Hopefully it's gone by the end of the month to make room for my new car. I will be out in the near future.

With the heat, it's a good thing that I live close. I'm tech-ing, going home, racing, going home, then coming back to work.

MrAutox, the hardtop will be worth much more than the cost of a roll bar. I'm paying for the shipping with the sale.

FUCK SAABS:

I went out tonight to put my slicks on and tag the doors. Aside from it being damn hot, all I had to work with was a torque wrench and deep socket. After 20 minutes of sweating, the slicks were on. I took the car for a lap of the block to settle the suspension. Midway around, BOOOM! Fucking back right tire with a big ole piece of glass in it. I'm a straight retard for NOT JUST PUTTING MY SLICKS ON AT THE AUTOX. I had to spend another half hour out there putting streets back on so I have something to race on.

Its my car's way of saying "I'm done with racing"

Good thing the miata's on the way. Saabs aren't anything but highway cruisers.

Lol I bet it was fun out today, i might have been competitive.......

cool weather - check

freshly resealed parking lot - check

Heavy rain just as the cup elimination starts - wait what?

Auto X or drift event? All seasons > Slicks

Signed up tonight and looking forward to my first time at auto x. Probably be in SM so hopefully the evo won't do too bad. I won't know anybody so if you see me, just come over and say hey and give me some pointers. lol

Chris

Good meeting you Chris, the Evo is nice!!

I had a damn good time this weekend, I didn't do too well yesterday but did great today and luckily got my runs in the dry unlike most everyone else. Because of that I believe I got FTD or danm near it, though with the rain I didn't last as long as I wanted to in the runoff. Still fun running in the rain today.

Good meeting you Chris, the Evo is nice!!

I had a damn good time this weekend, I didn't do too well yesterday but did great today and luckily got my runs in the dry unlike most everyone else. Because of that I believe I got FTD or danm near it, though with the rain I didn't last as long as I wanted to in the runoff. Still fun running in the rain today.

It was nice meeting you too and thanks for helping out. Hopefully I can get to one of these again pretty soon.

It dosen't seem to happen too often. (rain)

Not enough, maybe once a year or so. I really love the challenge of driving in the rain and were lucky to have some good all seasons to have fun on.

The sealed lot made things really interesting. At first it was really slick saturday, as the day went on the rubber laid down made it stickier but with the heat the sealer started to seem to pull up as did the crack filler making the lot just terrible it seemed. I drove early and didn't get to see what it was like but it looked nasty.