Ebay sucks

wnaplay1647545503

They deleted my sale after a day because my title said the word "title" in it.

Apparantly they have a automated system that deletes auctions that have the word "title" in the title because it is believed that the person is saying "no title". At least thats what the automated email said. I know I've seen the word title in other auctions. Rules state you cannot sell a vehicle without a title which I've seen people do. I was merely stating I had a salvage title. This sucks because I took the time to individually describe each tiny part of the vehicle I was selling. I was told that theres no way to get that information back either.

that's happened to me many times as well

As I understand it, it's ebay trying to get their $$$

otherwise, people could put cheap cars on ebay under parts cars for sale

Typically, parts cars aren't allowed to have titles for sale on there, or they'll want you to pay the $90 to list it as a car, rather than the 2% selling price or whatever

i agree ebay sucks. every time i deal with them there is some kind of problem. mostly people buying my item at the last minute and then wanting me to send it to Nigeria with some sort of fake paypal payment.

ask 360iroc about his experience. [or how bout i tell you ] someone bought his steering wheel and destroyed it then through their credit card company got all of their money back, and he never got the item back he sold.

I also had a bad experience similar to that. . .

Sold a $400 double pumper chromed 750 carb

The guy filed a paypal claim and got his $ back and send me back a nonchromed broken 750 carb

and there's absolutely nothing i can do about it

and paypal won't listen

Guest Removed

you can sell a car on there without a title, but there is a special area too list it under...like parts car or something like that!

and dont post anything about the title in the main heading!

They have repeatedly tried to send clarification as to why it was deleted. Not one of the reasons was a rule I violated. My vehicle has a salvage title. I stated "it has a salvage title". It does not violate a single ebay rule. Ebay is getting to the point where you cant even get through all the new crap( basically junk) people are selling on there and find the good used stuff.

just make the listing

CBR 900RR parts lot frame motor wheels tank

personally.. ive seen what parts you have, and i would list each seperate. youll get more cash that way.

in every auction in your description put other parts available as well.. check my other auctions

just make the listing

CBR 900RR parts lot frame motor wheels tank

personally.. ive seen what parts you have, and i would list each seperate. youll get more cash that way.

in every auction in your description put other parts available as well.. check my other auctions

Heres your chance to make some extra loot. :D

I also had a bad experience similar to that. . .

Sold a $400 double pumper chromed 750 carb

The guy filed a paypal claim and got his $ back and send me back a nonchromed broken 750 carb

and there's absolutely nothing i can do about it

and paypal won't listen

For this reason I now refuse PayPal as payment for auctions. I take only certified checks or money orders, and I make them wait a week. If they send a USPS money order I will mail same day because I can take it to the post office and validate/cash on the spot.

After working on the retail side of transactions and seeing the EASY loopholes to get your money back with PayPal, I cannot take the risk. It's pretty easy with credit card/debit card payments (non-PayPal) as well. Honestly, if most of the populace figured out and started exploiting these holes it would bring the card system down. It's ridiculous how easy it is to buy shit and never pay for it, completely free of litigation.