Next project will turn out like this one

Sam1647545489

Sam a site to go to for swap z cars is HybridZ.com there you will find most engine swaps and a lot of information. Also you either have to be good at body work or find a clean shell. There getting harder to find now. 240z 72and up is the year yo get.

EDIT: here is the link http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php

MURDERED OUT SON!!

HAHAHAHA, driving a murdered out Pinto with chrome hubcaps... damn that was funny.

I say go LSx, You said so yourself its the powerplant you know and you know how to work with why not stick with it. Your already going to be doing alot of Fab work as is why add in a new motor that you've never worked on before?

Sam a site to go to for swap z cars is HybridZ.com there you will find most engine swaps and a lot of information. Also you either have to be good at body work or find a clean shell. There getting harder to find now. 240z 72and up is the year yo get.

EDIT: here is the link http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php

very good site, pm Grenade300 on there for his write-up for an LS1 with a t-56, its pretty detailed and covers about all you need for the swap into an S30.

Here's another good site for partshttp://www.jagsthatrun.com/

dark blue paint, with black fender flairs held on by aluminum pop rivets with chrome deep dish rims is the sexiest configuration for that car ever

and there is a ridiculously clean z on route 72 between rt 41 and cedarville for sale, i'll see if i can get pics and info on it a little later on

dark blue paint, with black fender flairs held on by aluminum pop rivets with chrome deep dish rims is the sexiest configuration for that car ever

and there is a ridiculously clean z on route 72 between rt 41 and cedarville for sale, i'll see if i can get pics and info on it a little later on

That would be awesome, let me know, thanks.

I was thinking..... The 2jz weighs 399lbs and an ls1 is 458lbs, so the weight difference isnt really a factor. I know you know LS1's, but I'm thinking the 2jz will be less of a PITA.

Which one responds better to a blower?

I don't think those #s are right, but I will have to check.

Not to rain on your parade but on paper I agree it sounds bad ass but having performed an engine swap myself before, the realities I would presume are much less pleasant. What about buying one already done, letting the previous innovator take the huge hit in depreciation and not being able to recover what he has in it and then make it yours. if it is a mild chevy v8 swap it for an lsx, if another motor add a turbo, etc.

Does a 240 Z really handle that well? Are you good at body work/rust repair? willing to drive to Nevada or Arizona for a rust free shell? I know it has been surmised that 240z transaxle can withstand the torque of a v8 but are we talking a 283 v8 that doesnt put 200 to the wheels or a monster lsx that puts 500 to the wheels... I would plan on t-bird 8.8 IRS swap down the road

I find it hard to believe that a car that was built to be lightweight that they would overdesign the drivetrain that much.

If you get that done and driving like that car in the picture for 5500.00 I would be thoroughly speechless and impressed. That car has that much alone probably more in just the paint and wheel/tires-

If you go lsx or whatever the other engine was or comes from, I would without a doubt ditch the fuel injection and go carburetted- so much easier and inexpensive. And if you decide you absolutely need fuel injection you can add it back on AFTER you have a running car and see if it is worth the hassle.

We put a fuel injected 4.3L Vortec V6 in a 1977 Porsche 924 and it was unbelievable what we got into. It only made 235 hp at the engine, and without any sort of limited slip it was worthless- if it had hooked I am sure it would have twisted the wimpy subframe and halfshafts and transaxle/torque tube like a pretzel.

If you want something that looks sharp and handles/performs fantastic what about a used 944 turbo and boost it up? reliability is another story- used to work in a porsche/bmw/vw/mercedes garage.

All that said buddy- if you decide to go with it I will gladly help ;-)