2009 Honda DN-01

SWing'R

Check out this new Honda, yesterday at Honda NW the sales rep was telling me about this bike, its a 680cc automatic (yes I said automatic),

its a cross between a cruiser and a sportbike...

DN-01_1b.jpg

DN-01_2b.jpg

DN-01_3b.jpg

DN-01_4b.jpg

DN-01_5b.jpg

DN-01_6b.jpg

DN-01_7b.jpg

DN-01_8b.jpg

DN-01_Specs.jpg?t=1228061883

So what do you think? Anyone wanna buy a Silverwing with 6400miles?? :p

The one thing I noticed in the pic of the guy leaning into the turn, it doesn't look like it could lean very far, hes not over that much

and the footpad is about to scrape. My Swing will lean over farther then that!

Edited by SWing'R

The one thing I noticed in the pic of the guy leaning into the turn, it doesn't look like it could lean very far, hes not over that much

and the footpad is about to scrape. My Swing will lean over farther then that!

Yeah, it even looks like they might have removed the footrest feelers to take that picture.

I read that it was aimed at newer / women riders with a low seat height, automatic, etc.

But the cost is supposedly around $13,000. How many newbie riders are gonna blow that kinda cash on this?

Honda has done this before with a bike that failed to sell, (Pacific Coast)

Looks kinda cool though.

Edited by Earache

yes yes i want it.

and no i wouldnt call it a scooter. you think so cause its an automatic?

I know, so many riders deem something a "scooter" just because its automatic. Anyway, it is supposed to be pricey, the sales rep at Honda NW said something like $14K ! And even though it may appeal to many women riders, theres plenty of short guys out there, myself included so the lower seat height is nice. Just ask Ben, he saw me trying to sit on some sport bikes yesterday and they were all to tall for me :(

Anyway, just wanted to see what people thought of this, I think its pretty cool and I look forward to checking it out when they get some in at Honda NW.

Learn to shift, its not that hard. :D

I know how, just don't want to. I've rode a motorcycle before (it was quite some time ago, a dirtbike) and I've had a manual transmission car before.

Doesn't have to have a step thru to be a scooter. Thats an ugly scooter.

Learn to shift, its not that hard. :D

ok oh great buster of balls.

all of us know how to shift except Swing'R.

i dont think its ugly i actually like the styling.

it also has a thumb shifter. not that you need to use it to pass all those hardleys out there.

If they try and claim it is a cross between a cruiser and a sportbike, they are grasping at strings. Even off our board here, people are going to see more scooter than sportbike.

I'd say a cross between cruiser and scooter. Sure, no cross over to classify it as a scooter, but the cruiser part takes that into account.

It's a scooter more than sportbike... What because it has the VFR rear wheel makes it a sportbike??:rolleyes:

just like fat chics huh jagr?...lol....gotta ride em just once..J/k

Even my wife said "thats a weird looking scooter"...lol

The auto shift is a pretty sweet feature. If they put that set up on a sport bike (which they will its just a matter of time) they would sell the shit out of them. Especialy to women and new B's

i kinda like it, if i ever have a need for an automatic motorcycle, ill rock it. Like if i lose the entire left side of my body! Im not sure if i would call it a cross between anything, cant we just let it be its own...thing?

I think a cross between a scooter and and cruiser isn't really accurate either. It is what it is, an automatic motorcycle. People still want to call it a scooter because to the majority of riders out there, anything that is automatic is just a scooter. Can't quite follow that logic, would an automatic transmission Ferarri NOT be a Ferarri?? Maybe an insult to an enthusiast, but still a Ferrari.