Norwalk Times thread

Buck531

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

serisously..... show me a bolt on only ls1 that runs close to those times. I think your lieing..........don't know why you would but hey to each their own. if your not.....thats awsome. you have a very fast car.

I know of a bolt on only LS1 that ran a 10 at 120. Go to HPT home page Magnus did that a couple years ago. I have personely seen the car its a tin can much like DJ's lol

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/Picture193.jpg

Linn and I were like :confused: Did he just pull the left tire :cool:

Do you have subframe connectors?

lol i didnt believe you unti when you told me i was like there is no way! no i dont have frame ties i think the car is twisting i got a big gap in my t top and the window trim so i have to be getting it tied!

Thornes car runs 13.6 @ 97/98.... he says he ran 13.4... but Linn, JP, and I all cracked off 13.6's... Linn made what seemed to be about 10 passes, i made 4, and JP i belive made 3... 13.6 is it. I did catch him running a 13.5... but i never saw a back up.

Ok first off My goal was a 120 trap. I only hit 13.9 @ 119 on my fourth pass....

Came back around didnt hit the burnout box in the wet section, car hoped and broke the passenger side axle.....

I was only at 26-spiking at 27LBS car never got into kill mode. But the pass I was lining up twith thorne I had that fucker at 30psi.... However I broke an axle so we will never know..

My car was a whore .

Amy's Best time

Spln's best

Linn's best time in the WRX

13.51 @ 98.x

Colt's Best

linn had beat the piss out of my times in the morning (I was getting 13.6's-13.7's)

I spent the day letting linn drive a bunch of passes trying to best that time because we were damn sure it had a 13.3 pass in it. the power was there it was ether bad launch or 4th gear.

In the afternoon after dealing with the heat (pulled timing) I retuned the car and ran some passes of my own again.

13.6 First LAP

13.5 Second Lap

1.8 60' 13.491@99.03 Third lap and I was hotlapping my intercooler was on fire but I finally figured out how to shift the 3rd gear. A full 3tenths faster then last time.

My best 60 was a 1.59

My fav was Colt Boostin . He lost 20$ to me as he did not get the 13.5 he expected in my car.

so, does this mean you owe me 20 bucks, as not only you, but no one you know was able to beat my 12.9 with your car?

(for those not in the know, thorne bet me he could beat my best time in my old wrx with his on a stock turbo)

so, does this mean you owe me 20 bucks, as not only you, but no one you know was able to beat my 12.9 with your car?

(for those not in the know, thorne bet me he could beat my best time in my old wrx with his on a stock turbo)

LOL that's great he obviously thinks his car is faster than mine. I ran a 13.0 and many many crappy 13.1s in the spring in way worse conditions.

anyway to comfort him, a front mount, injectors, and a VF34 only nets him .7 sec hopefully he can see that spending a least 2k to get that .7 sec is kind of silly.

Guest chpmnsws6
not bitter.....those are good times. but lets be serious. your car has been gone for what 3 months. to get bolt ons!?! I did all my bolt on in a day all together. you have a built tranny for bolt ons? serisously..... show me a bolt on only ls1 that runs close to those times. I think your lieing..........don't know why you would but hey to each their own. if your not.....thats awsome. you have a very fast car.

I was building the car. He has 4 tenths more in it with the BOLT ON ONLY car. It had a chunked tranny. A day? I've been building these cars for 4-5 years now, know every head bolt size, how many bolts are on the piece, and it took ME 3 months to take his car from a stock car to what it is now. Does yours have A/C? Heat? Power Steering? Power Brakes? Seat? Gutted dash? Removed bumper support? Slicks? Skinnies? 9 inch? Full suspension?

give me 100 and I'll come down, pull the valve covers, put a dial indicator on the valve, show you how much lift it has (which will tell you it has a stock cam because NO camshaft has stock lift for LS1's), pull the intake off, show you the intake ports, then pull the headers and show you the exhaust ports. Heads have NEVER been off.

Deejay, I'll put this in public, bring your car up once winter hits, we will keep it bolt on for your little buddy, and we will put you into low 11's with bolt-ons or 10's CAM ONLY. The car ran 11.9 WITHOUT a sway bar, NO suspension tuning, and with a bad launch with someone who before the track has not driven the car since November 2006. I'm not positive but i'm pretty sure it never came off the trailor till it got to the track after being picked up from my house at 1:30 AM the night before.

RANT OVER

Glad you kids had fun

Guest chpmnsws6
I know of a bolt on only LS1 that ran a 10 at 120. Go to HPT home page Magnus did that a couple years ago. I have personely seen the car its a tin can much like DJ's lol

Exactly. The best part about tin cans is they break less. It takes less effort for the lighter car to move even with more power then then the vehicle next to it that is heavier but makes less power. Look at the 4L60E as an example.... 500hp F-body on a stock trans and it holds, but the same trans in a 300hp Impala SS is begging for help.

light low powered cars FTW :D

My best pass in thorne's car was 13.51

Lies. Im pretty confident i coulve run it a bit quicker with another pass or two... i was losing my time from the 1-2 shift... i could tell. Itsa been about 3 yrs since ive drivin a stick and for never being in that car, a 13.66 wasnt too depressing. Ill have to get Andy let me pilot his STi sometime... i run quicker than him in every car hes ever owned... and he 100lbs lighter than i am :D

I was building the car. He has 4 tenths more in it with the BOLT ON ONLY car. It had a chunked tranny. A day? I've been building these cars for 4-5 years now, know every head bolt size, how many bolts are on the piece, and it took ME 3 months to take his car from a stock car to what it is now. Does yours have A/C? Heat? Power Steering? Power Brakes? Seat? Gutted dash? Removed bumper support? Slicks? Skinnies? 9 inch? Full suspension?

give me 100 and I'll come down, pull the valve covers, put a dial indicator on the valve, show you how much lift it has (which will tell you it has a stock cam because NO camshaft has stock lift for LS1's), pull the intake off, show you the intake ports, then pull the headers and show you the exhaust ports. Heads have NEVER been off.

Deejay, I'll put this in public, bring your car up once winter hits, we will keep it bolt on for your little buddy, and we will put you into low 11's with bolt-ons or 10's CAM ONLY. The car ran 11.9 WITHOUT a sway bar, NO suspension tuning, and with a bad launch with someone who before the track has not driven the car since November 2006. I'm not positive but i'm pretty sure it never came off the trailor till it got to the track after being picked up from my house at 1:30 AM the night before.

RANT OVER

Glad you kids had fun

I didn't beleive him because all he ever said was it only has bolt ons. 98% on bolt on ls1s are mid to high 12s. all he had to say was, bolts on, suspension, gears and major weight reductions. I beleive it now I know what his car is.

Lies. Im pretty confident i coulve run it a bit quicker with another pass or two... i was losing my time from the 1-2 shift... i could tell. Itsa been about 3 yrs since ive drivin a stick and for never being in that car, a 13.66 wasnt too depressing. Ill have to get Andy let me pilot his STi sometime... i run quicker than him in every car hes ever owned... and he 100lbs lighter than i am :D

When thorne posts up the time slip and video, your going to look like a schmuck.

Ok first off My goal was a 120 trap. I only hit 13.9 @ 119 on my fourth pass....

Came back around didnt hit the burnout box in the wet section, car hoped and broke the passenger side axle.....

I was only at 26-spiking at 27LBS car never got into kill mode. But the pass I was lining up twith thorne I had that fucker at 30psi.... However I broke an axle so we will never know..

I was sad, I wanted to see that thing come out of no where on the top end.

Talk about 2 way diffrent cars, mine is low end yours top.

I got the slip scanned if you want nick I can post it.

No because I'm not done yet.

I did not get to run 22lbs in the morning as I was dialing it on. I did htis on a half a tank of 93 until noon then i splashed in some race gas

I've not lost yet the year is not over.

So, Pull my interior . Crank my boost up to 22 which down load is in efficent range for the turbo. Race gas more timing. my 2.0 60' 13.5 proves that I could get 13.3-2ish with a good pass.