If you had an iron LSX bowtie block..

V8 Beast

1). How many cubic inches would make it?

2). Would you use nitrous, turbos, or a super/procharger?

3). What type of super/procharger

4). If nitrous how much would you spray?

5). What size turbos? Twin or single?

6). Would you make a dig car or a roll car?

Remember the block can hold 2500hp. I'm just bored and I want to see if anyone on here thinks like me... I'll post my answer if this thing makes page 2.

I'd make it a 427, low compression motor with C5R heads; Pending clearance... I might go with a twin screw, say a Kenne Belle or a maggie, with a fogger. Otherwise I'd go for twins, something conservative, just looking to make 1200-1300 rwhp on 93 octane... Oh, and btw, this is the ideal plan for me in the next 18-24 months... though I'll probably go the easy way and just stroke an LQ9 to a 408 and use APS or Incon Twins in a nicely assembled kit...

I would keep my 4" crank and use a 4.125 bore. Tht would leave me at least 2 more overbores when I fuck it up. Optimal setup would be a 106mm single front mount turbo. Heads would be ETP six bolt canted valves (about $7,000) solid roller. If it will dig it will roll, If it's setup to roll it will not dig. So setup to dig with a t400 and a gearvenders unit. Then you have the gears for both

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0702gm_lsx_engine_block/index.html

That's no misprint: 4 1/4 inches! Thanks in part to the LSX's Siamese bores, this gaping diameter still leaves a 0.200 minimum wall thickness and is a full 1/8 inch larger than anything else out there. Combine this with the recommended max crank stroke of the same value, and you've got yourself over 482 cubes.

and

In its final form, the LSX offers the potential for a massive 4.25-inch max bore that allows for 482ci from a small-block LSX engine using the max stroke. And, with the forthcoming tall-deck version (9.7-inch deck height), you are looking at 510ci small-blocks.

I know thats what GM has put in the brochures BUT do you want a 4.25 bore on 4.40 centers? Thats only .150 between cylinders. the 454 thats popular in the first builds are using the 4.1 stroke crank with Im thinking a 4.155 bore. There is a good thread on tech right now about big power buildups using this block and they talk about the issue of there not being enough between the cylinders to seal on the bigger bores. Im thinking the 4.060 aluminum block is calling my name this winter. I have got to get some weight off of the front of my car.

I know thats what GM has put in the brochures BUT do you want a 4.25 bore on 4.40 centers? Thats only .150 between cylinders. the 454 thats popular in the first builds are using the 4.1 stroke crank with Im thinking a 4.155 bore. There is a good thread on tech right now about big power buildups using this block and they talk about the issue of there not being enough between the cylinders to seal on the bigger bores. Im thinking the 4.060 aluminum block is calling my name this winter. I have got to get some weight off of the front of my car.

Yea... because you have so much trouble pulling the front end up :rolleyes::D

tie a rope to it and give it too my uncle for his boat!

Twin's big ones. small shot of spray to get it into boost...and with turbo or super charging, you dont need that many cub's! mildly big bore with a short stroke.

and with todays gearing option's dig and roll!

I cant wait until page 2 :p

This is what I will be building while I get used to my car next year. It was going to be in the car next year, but this year owned me.

408ci

Lunati crank

Lunati rods

custom diamond pistons

Machined AFR 225's

Twin a1000 pumps

160 lbs injectors (so that they arent being worked to hard)

9:1 compression

NX 100 shot

Twin T-67's

17/18 PSI

This way its not putting too much stress on the block, and I have more room for power up top if needed in the future. I spent a while trying to find out what I wanted out of the car, and finally decided on this last night. The set up would be good for 8's in the 1/4 and just under 1000rwhp. Now all I have to do is get my car to run long enough to feel comfortable with the power I have now. You should see this setup in 2009 if 2008 goes according to plan.

BTW, I considered aluminum, but I want iron for when I want to have 1700rwhp in 2010 :D

If it's just based off the LSX blocks style and money is no issue, I'd get a LS7 size block, heads rotating assembly, and full internals made from Billet Steel. Well capable of handling over 50 PSI. The problem would then become finding a fuel capable of not prematurely combusting under that much pressure and heat besides diesel.

Now Realistically under $40,000 I'd like an LS7 style iron block built by Lingenfelter.

Yea... because you have so much trouble pulling the front end up :rolleyes::D

no because it causes the suspension to unload after it comes down. Wheelies look cool and are a sweet feeling but it slows the car down. Its wasted energy. Travel limiters are the answer.

no because it causes the suspension to unload after it comes down. Wheelies look cool and are a sweet feeling but it slows the car down. Its wasted energy. Travel limiters are the answer.

Yea i know the physics of it... i was just making a funny :p