Racism in America

Casper

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The methods of each group are different but the end goal is the same. The NAACP has a history of turning a blind eye to violence against whites by blacks while at the same time coming down hard against anyone who commits a crime against blacks.

There is a double standard in the US... it is ok to hate on whites but don't say anything negative against blacks. Otherwise Jesse and Al will be at your front door. Speaking of Jesse and Al where are they when The Nation of Islam comes spouting the anti white crap? They are sitting at home!

If the methods of operation and the overall objectives are different.....It can't be classified as the same. Show basis for the blind eye turning or any known case where they condoned violence against another race. Any reference to the KKK brings along a story of violence/hate.

Here is what I think:

I think a Job should go to the most qualified.

I think if you don't have the grades to go to schools dont cry about it.. work harder.

I think that in America if you can succeed here, you will fail everywhere.

I think if you get fired from a job, don't cry about it... do a better job next time!

Very true!

If the methods of operation and the overall objectives are different.....It can't be classified as the same. Show basis for the blind eye turning or any known case where they condoned violence against another race. Any reference to the KKK brings along a story of violence/hate.

Very true!

UMMM....... Jena 6, turning a blind eye is passively condoning behavior.

White kids hangs a noose.... They were wrong, but no one was hurt.

Black kids nearly kill a white kid.... Jesse and crew show up to free the kids.

Jesse and crew are just as racist as the kids!

Seems like a double standard to me!

UMMM....... Jena 6, turning a blind eye is passively condoning behavior.

White kids hand noose.... They were wrong, but no one was hurt.

Black kids nearly kill a white kid.... Jesse and crew show up to free the kids.

Jesse and crew are just as racist as the kids!

Seems like a double standard to me!

He was not nearly killed. He left the hospital the same day and attended a social party that evening. As I said before......"Hate crime" was used there because there was/is HISTORY of racial tension in Jena. No blind eye was turned. White guy hung noose on the "whites only tree" yelling N-Word and as a result....that guy got his ass kicked. No different than what would most likely happen here in Cols if it happened. Attempted murder for a busted eye and some bruises is extreme...simple as that.

I agree to disagree....I can not argue this all day.

You can tell a lot about a person based on their relationship with their wife/husband. Jesse had an affair and a child out of wedlock. What a wonderful thing for a "christian" to do.

Didn't Jesse make racist remarks towards Jewish people before? I can't remember.

He was not nearly killed. He left the hospital the same day and attended a social party that evening. As I said before......"Hate crime" was used there because there was/is HISTORY of racial tension in Jena. No blind eye was turned. White guy hung noose on the "whites only tree" yelling N-Word and as a result....that guy got his ass kicked. No different than what would most likely happen here in Cols if it happened. Attempted murder for a busted eye and some bruises is extreme...simple as that.

I agree to disagree....I can not argue this all day.

So violence is ok, in that case? Let me set this straight for you the kid was knocked unconscious then repeatedly kicked by the other five.

I went to a 90% black high school and was subjected to the repeated violence and racism that the black students gave. Fortunately for me I was a big kid that was able defend myself. I am proud to say I stood my ground, other white students were picked on, stolen from, and beat up for things like... looking at someone.

I get sick and tired of people saying that racism comes from whites, both sides are guilty. I would venture to say at this time the blacks have taken the racism reigns. Are there whites that are still racist? of course. At this time the legal system has now been reshaped to the point where some racism/violence is seen as justifiable. I don't think it is right.

Ill stop someone and they'll say "you stopped me because Im black" I get so pissed off. I then always mention "I lived with a black guy for a year and one of my best friends is black, so you can stop the racism remarks rite now"

Not to be disrespectful to a police officer but what does having a Black roommate or a friend that is black PROVE you are not racist? I'm not saying you are racist, just that the reason you give sounds so fucking stupid.

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend!" :nono:

I get sick and tired of reading this shit on forums every other week. All it is is a bunch of people shooting from the hip about things they think they know. You cannot classify an entire race based on your own life experiences. Your life is a small little spec in the big picture of life. The 300 black or white people you have met in your life does not making you an expert!

I would suggest some of you look in the mirror because you are racist and may not even know it. The link is trying to save peoples lives! We have different DNA and are predisposed to different medical conditions. Now I do think it's unfair that white people cant do the same thing without having "black leaders" (and I use that term loosely) breathing down their necks. However, this is a way to tell a community its time for a change. Its pushing for positive change, not negative!!!!! Black people did not start segregation in America, it was made a part of our normal life. It still exists today because of what happened in the past... At this point its not being racist, it's following a tradition that was forced upon us. If you open your eyes you would notice it does not happen nearly as much as it used to. Until then I say focus your arguments on people pushing for negative change and not positive.

This is a what I think will happen in the near future...

-Affirmitive action will disapear...

-There will be so many white people with soul that BET will have to change its name after the top 20 countdown consists of all white people

- Black and white people will forget our differences so that we can collectively show racism towards the hispanic communities.... Why, because we all know we cant stop the hate, we can only redirect it :rolleyes:

Its good to have opinions, but stop trying to type them as if they are facts.

Edit: I agree with Brian as well. A lot of the segregation is continued by the black leaders that want to keep their jobs. As long as they have racism and segregation they have paychecks. They will complain and try to keep it going for as long as they can. If we can get rid of them we would be in much better shape.

Did we indenture Africans to be slaves? Yes, there is no denying that. They were inslaved to citizens of the United States from 1776 to 1865. (I use 1776 as its the start of the USA, not as the start of slavery itself). That's 89 years. We have been "giving back" to the one inslaved, and their families, and their families and their families for 142 years. That's way beyond our nations need to "repay" for anything. Yes blacks were still segregated until the 1960's, but guess what, so were women, they had just as little rights. You don't here as much hooplah from them. They fought for their rights, they achieved them, then went on their merry way's. Why are we as a nation still treating any other races differently?

That brings up the aurgument for reparations....

***ohnoes he did not bring that up******

So what is the prevailing thoughts on that?

the one thing I like about message boards is outside those that I've met, I don't know nor care if you are black, white, etc.... it just doesn't play a part in any of my conversations....none here so far anyway.

color of skin, race, religion, etc....makes no difference to me. it's how the person behaves and the beliefs they hold true that I look at more.

how bout this... a 16yr old white kid that works for me, called me racist the other week... and the funny part is the 4 black people that also work for me, that were standing there when he said it, all made the funniest faces :lol: So i said, "danny, your retarded, im not racist." "Well you just said im stupid because of the rap music i like..." "No, i siad your stupid beause youre acting like a fuckin moron!"

That brings up the aurgument for reparations....

***ohnoes he did not bring that up******

So what is the prevailing thoughts on that?

YES!!!! reparations is what I meant by "paying back". Early Alzheimer's is kicking my 23 year old ass :(

I think, like I posted, any reparations were payed back a LONG time ago. We (as a society or single race) owe it to no one (as a society or single race) to make anymore exclusions, exemptions, repayments, justifications or donations to any one because of what has happened in the past. That term is over. The government needs to step back up and accept that and level the playing field again. Everyman for his own without 3rd party support and intervention because your great great great grandpa's life was shitty.