Racism in America

Casper

Perfect example of over playing the race card.

Bob Barker being sued

In the report it says that Bob created a work environment where black employees and black contestants were discriminated against. It then goes on to say "Barker created an atmosphere of terror on the show, as a result of which any employee who complained about the working environment or contradicted Barker was fired."

Thats ANY EMPLOYEE, not just blacks. But she uses it as her defense to sue for being fired.

Heres an idea lady. Maybe you sucked at your job, performed substandard and were replaced with someone better qualified.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect example of over playing the race card.

Bob Barker being sued

In the report it says that Bob created a work environment where black employees and black contestants were discriminated against. It then goes on to say "Barker created an atmosphere of terror on the show, as a result of which any employee who complained about the working environment or contradicted Barker was fired."

Thats ANY EMPLOYEE, not just blacks. But she uses it as her defense to sue for being fired.

Heres an idea lady. Maybe you sucked at your job, performed substandard and were replaced with someone better qualified.

I have been sued for firing an employee. She said I fired her because she had a disability. the only disability she has was refusing to work. Still cost me a couple thousand to defend myself while the Ohio Civil Rights Commission represented her for free.

I think, like I posted, any reparations were payed back a LONG time ago. We (as a society or single race) owe it to no one (as a society or single race) to make anymore exclusions, exemptions, repayments, justifications or donations to any one because of what has happened in the past. That term is over. The government needs to step back up and accept that and level the playing field again. Everyman for his own without 3rd party support and intervention because your great great great grandpa's life was shitty.

We dont have a right to argue this unless we were alive during that time. Tell me exactly how my great grandfather was already paid back. Also tell me exactly what he went through to feel that he deserves we should be paying him (I say we because it will be the tax dollars of white and black people paying him back, not just white people.)? Then tell me how the black community has been paid back, only becasue I'm curious to hear your response. (My stand is that no one owes me, but there are many that will argue that)

They don't owe me shit, but I can't speak for others that had a bad life as a direct result of others. In todays age people are in control of their own destiny, but this wasnt the case during slavery. I'm hoping you dont feel that since my grandfather was allowed to use the same bathroom as a white guy they have already been paid back. Or since some idiot came up with affirmitive he has been paid back because some black guy ( he doesnt even know) got a job because of the color of his skin. One thing I can tell you, to most people reparations are a smack in the face. There are some things a lot of people feel you can't put a price tag on. You say they have already been paid back, but can a poor life, beatings, and killings be considered a debt that needs to be paid back?

Money will not make anyone forget... It will just make the guy cutting the check feel better and less guilty for what was already done.

BTW sorry for my viking ancestors, they enjoyed raping, pillaging, and burning things. So, if they harmed you in anyway, then I appologize. I can pay back in M&M's.

I want skittles! Then I'll give you back half of the bag.... I apologize for my third cousin pimping your third cousin 20 years ago. All that baby powder and smacking was uncalled for.

I want $$$$

My ancestors came from Ireland and were treated like third class citizens and some people puts signs in their window saying "No Irish" I want a better job and and my college paid for too.

I want $$$$

My ancestors came from Ireland and were treated like third class citizens and some people puts signs in their window saying "No Irish" I want a better job and and my college paid for too.

Whats funny is I'm Irish, Cherokee, and African American (a 3rd of each) I'm going to clean up $$$$$$$$$$ :D $$$$$$$

I'm not a PC person.

If you are black, I won't refer to you as "African American," and you should be offended if someone calls you that (unless you or your parents were born in Africa). You are an AMERICAN.

Negative stereotypes aren't just some made up BS, and sorry to say, but alot of black folks I've seen fit some percentage of those stereotypes.

Do I have a problem with people that live up to negative stereotypes? Yes, I do. Do I have a problem with black people...not at all. I have no issues being friends with black folks (and any other race), and have had black folks truely help me out both personally and professionally, and I have done the same.

I think we need to rid this nation of illegals.

I think we need to rid this nation of people getting things because of their race, gender, or sexual orientation.

I think we need to rid this nation of free handouts to anyone too lazy to do something for themself.

And that applies to EVERYONE.

We dont have a right to argue this unless we were alive during that time. Tell me exactly how my great grandfather was already paid back. Also tell me exactly what he went through to feel that he deserves we should be paying him (I say we because it will be the tax dollars of white and black people paying him back, not just white people.)? Then tell me how the black community has been paid back, only becasue I'm curious to hear your response. (My stand is that no one owes me, but there are many that will argue that)

They don't owe me shit, but I can't speak for others that had a bad life as a direct result of others. In todays age people are in control of their own destiny, but this wasnt the case during slavery. I'm hoping you dont feel that since my grandfather was allowed to use the same bathroom as a white guy they have already been paid back. Or since some idiot came up with affirmitive he has been paid back because some black guy ( he doesnt even know) got a job because of the color of his skin. One thing I can tell you, to most people reparations are a smack in the face. There are some things a lot of people feel you can't put a price tag on. You say they have already been paid back, but can a poor life, beatings, and killings be considered a debt that needs to be paid back?

Money will not make anyone forget... It will just make the guy cutting the check feel better and less guilty for what was already done.

That's it. It was in the past. It was the way of life then, not now. If say you were related to a slave, then that is just the way it is and always will be. I can't think of one way to make it "even", so all the attempts to do so should be stopped, because as you said, to some its a smack in the face.

No one owes anyone, its the past, we had no part of it, therefore we (seperate races or society as a whole) should not be reap the consequences, good or bad, of histories actions.

No, your bathroom example is not a consideration for reparations. Nor is money necessarily what is meant when paying someone back, though ultimately money is the root of it all.

Can the life of a slave be considered a payable debt? No, I don't think so, and again, it was in the past, it can't be changed, that's is the way the world thought and acted at the time. It's not my fault, it's not your fault, but for some reason some people today think we should have to make up for it.

If this be the case, shouldn't the Jewish, Gay, and every other creed and culture that Hitler commited genocide with be "repayed" in the same way? There are as far as I know, no organizations to help these cultures races and religions get free college. Or to help them get jobs they are not qualified for only to fill a quota. Is what happened to these people any less qualified to be considered repayable since that is the name of the game? I don't think so, but we aren't paying them back. So what's the difference really?

That's it. It was in the past. It was the way of life then, not now. If say you were related to a slave, then that is just the way it is and always will be. I can't think of one way to make it "even", so all the attempts to do so should be stopped, because as you said, to some its a smack in the face.

No one owes anyone, its the past, we had no part of it, therefore we (seperate races or society as a whole) should not be reap the consequences, good or bad, of histories actions.

No, your bathroom example is not a consideration for reparations. Nor is money necessarily what is meant when paying someone back, though ultimately money is the root of it all.

Can the life of a slave be considered a payable debt? No, I don't think so, and again, it was in the past, it can't be changed, that's is the way the world thought and acted at the time. It's not my fault, it's not your fault, but for some reason some people today think we should have to make up for it.

If this be the case, shouldn't the Jewish, Gay, and every other creed and culture that Hitler commited genocide with be "repayed" in the same way? There are as far as I know, no organizations to help these cultures races and religions get free college. Or to help them get jobs they are not qualified for only to fill a quota. Is what happened to these people any less qualified to be considered repayable since that is the name of the game? I don't think so, but we aren't paying them back. So what's the difference really?

Damn. I agree with everything you just said! Its a shame that people dont open their eyes. Greed, hatred, ignorance, and stupidity is what fuels continued seperation between people.

I was thinking a little more about the link on page 1. It should have been geared towards everyone, not just the darker skinned. Black people are not the only people in America that are fat. Yes its positive, but at the same time its seperating us... the same thing we fought hard to stop we continue to do to ourselves. Tradition or not we can stop it when ever we want.

Let's talk about global warming too...it's about as relevant to the original topic as 99% of these ignorant, and extremely rhetorical posts.

Scott

Peace

Please point our ignorance.... Oh knowledgeable one

Like this one that adds no further content?

It's called making a point or adding a moment of clarity to a thread that is far from on topic.

I've been on this board since day one, I don't need to rehash these same discussions that have been done to death. This thread got off track like I knew it would. Sorry if my pointing that out struck a nerve with your sensitive nature.

If you would like to stay off track further, you can PM me.

Damn. I agree with everything you just said! Its a shame that people dont open their eyes. Greed, hatred, ignorance, and stupidity is what fuels continued seperation between people.

I was thinking a little more about the link on page 1. It should have been geared towards everyone, not just the darker skinned. Black people are not the only people in America that are fat. Yes its positive, but at the same time its seperating us... the same thing we fought hard to stop we continue to do to ourselves. Tradition or not we can stop it when ever we want.

Best post of the thread!!!

V8beast did it nicely on page 2...regarding people's limited experience on dealing with others and then lumping them all together, Oh religious one.

So you are telling me you have not done the same.... if so you are fooling yourself. If you touch a stove enough time and it burns you the majority of the time, human nature will tell you to be careful around the stove.

We all draw conclusions about others based on our experiences. That is reality.

So you are telling me you have not done the same.... if so you are fooling yourself. If you touch a stove enough time and it burns you the majority of the time, human nature will tell you to be careful around the stove.

We all draw conclusions about others based on our experiences. That is reality.

I'm making this post with all due respect, and based on my honest opinions and feelings.

I'm a bi-racial person (Black father/white mother) My experience isn't typical, nor does it give me more credibility on the matter, just a different perspective. I represent my parents with my behavior or actions...good or bad.

No so called black leader speaks for me, or how I feel on issues. They may irritate the shit out of you, but don't think for a second they share any similar opinions as me. There is a culture of people of all backrounds, that like to point fingers, or pass blame when they fail at something. That blame can be lack of chance because you're black, or claiming you didn't get a job because of affirmative action. I dont fit that culture. What ever I haven't done or accomplished in life is 100% my own lack of action.

Based on my equal exposure to both sides of my family, I don't go out and have expectations on how other people are likely, or supposed to act...right is right, and wrong is wrong. Just because someone doesn't look like me, I don't exaggerate their behavior as being inherent because of their color. I can tell when someone is an idiot based on how they act, not on how they dress or look. Some people may over react out of fear or just prejudice, but I deal with everyone on an individual basis.

I have friends that are Jewish, but don't fit their stereotype

I have friends that are good ole boy NASCAR fans, but not racists, and would do anything for me. I have friends that are as conservative as anyone, but don't fit that stereotype.

Point being is: I have friends from all walks of life, not just casual acquaintances. When someone happens to fit a stereotype, lightbulbs don't start flashing above my head.

You may say my feelings on this are naive, but my experience has served me well in dealing with people in person for 38 years. The Internet has become a paradise for people to pass their limited opinion as fact.

If I offened anyone I apologize, because that exactly would I would do in person!!!

It's weird this topic came up. Last night my girlfriend and I were talking about this exact topic. She thinks black people need payed for their ancestors and i was arguing she was completely crazy and brought up the point of the jews and homosexuals. She started crying and talking about how I had no emotions. So I definately agree with what you are saying.