Last Autocross of the Year - November 4, Cooper Stadium

31rx7

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a blast for my first time. I wish I would have done better. I had two 61.x runs with no cones down on the runs. So I guess that's not tooo bad. I think if I had a standard Vett or just a lot less power then I had, I would have run much faster. I was gun shy and was too worried about spining out. Went way to slow in some parts and way to fast in others.

Next year!

Jason

Ahh, Jason, i thought that vette was someone on here. Not many cammed? new Z06's at the auto x events. It sounds amazing btw!

Today was an absolute blast, and what was up w/ serious driver errors today? I'm thinkin it's the whole letting other people drive your car thing because you hardly see stuff like that happen very often.

61.3xx in my MR2

61.4xx in clbsinvaders RX7

64.7xx i think in dan's Z28

Dad ran like a 60.5 in my MR2

First time ever to drive a V8 american car in an autox. WOW, i don't think i want one for the street, but they are a blast to autox. I wish i had a couple more runs in that car, i seriously think i could have knocked another second off. I'll have to see what the experienced FS guys were running.

No cam, just have the stock exhaust flaps on a switch to keep them open when I want them. :)

My best run was 61.2 and I really really wish I could have gotten a few more runs in. I'm so pumped for next year now lol!!

Those flaps make an unreal amount of difference, I was amazed at how much louder that car gets with them off!!

The lowly STS Civic on hard tires - 56.9. I felt pretty good until I got home and did the math.

I checked the PAX numbers - Danny Popp in the blue SM2 Corvettte was 2 seconds ahead of me on PAX. I would've had to do like a 54.0 to match him on PAX.

He was freaking flying.

The lowly STS Civic on hard tires - 56.9. I felt pretty good until I got home and did the math.

I checked the PAX numbers - Danny Popp in the blue SM2 Corvettte was 2 seconds ahead of me on PAX. I would've had to do like a 54.0 to match him on PAX.

He was freaking flying.

Well, it's Danny Popp and he's insane!!! My old dsm could only manage a 61.0, sometimes I really hate the poor suspension design of these cars as it's a major limiting factor.

Danny's a great guy and damn good. That's where I want to be!

I think most everyone does. I'll be happy to catch your pace someday as I still have a ways to go to where I want to be.

Pat, I didn't realize that was novaman, I would of come up and said hi a lot sooner. Hope the damage wasn't too bad to the car.

I think most everyone does. I'll be happy to catch your pace someday as I still have a ways to go to where I want to be.

Pat, I didn't realize that was novaman, I would of come up and said hi a lot sooner. Hope the damage wasn't too bad to the car.

Its not Novaman, its 77nova.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/member.php?userid=2857

The ball bearing on the passenger side snapped right before that last turn. The contour did fucking awesome until that, I can't help the fact the car wasn't ever maintained before I got it. The contour will be out next year at some point along with the supra.

Sorry for the confusion, too many nova guys dammit....lol(I kid).

Thanks to all the CR people that made it out this year. Maybe we should do a CR challenge for next year, maybe the most improved driver or something along those lines?? Try and figure out some kind of a prize of cash or something.

God that Z28 was fun...ima have to get me one of those!

I had fun, really just went fast and sloppy not fast and precise...I loved how I cursed myself...spun and stalled the RX on my first run and no start yeah. Then I pumped the gas and it started right up...dammit.