Iron Pony to buy Motorsports of Columbus

Smokey

I'm sure this has made it's way thru the grapevine for some time now, but the deal is supposed to be finalized this week. So what are everyone's thoughts about this?

I figure that place can't get much worse. Hopefully it won't drive Pony belly up cleaning up the place.

Edited by Smokey

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this has made it's way thru the grapevine for some time now, but the deal is supposed to be finalized this week. So what are everyone's thoughts about this?

I figure that place can't get much worse. Hopefully it won't drive Pony belly up cleaning up the place. Not sure what'll happen with the pending lawsuits against MOC either, anybody know what'll happen there?

I heard about this from a few "sources". I'm excited. I think it's awesome.

mrbret and I were there last night and they had a 20+ bikes way back in the corner kind of walled off from view by tires and cheap helmets. But I still got some pics. Hahaha. I will post them up later.

Do we get to use the repost Family Circus pic for this?

Already discussed...

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=18064&highlight=Pony

The last few posts actually talk about it.

I didn't see anything in the thread about this purchase. They bought Yamaha of Columbus a while ago, but they are now buying Motorsports of Columbus which will make them a full 4 line dealer. Sorry if it's a repost.

Uh... The very first post shows the pic... I know you're old, but man...:D:D:D:D

Yamaha of Columbus isn't Motorsports of Columbus, right? It's just one of their lines.

:missing:

That would be like Ohio Motorcycle selling off their Honda dealership. They'd still be Ohio Motorcycle, and still carry everything else.

Yamaha of Columbus isn't Motorsports of Columbus, right? It's just one of their lines.

That would be like Ohio Motorcycle selling off their Honda dealership. They'd still be Ohio Motorcycle, and still carry everything else.

2 completely different dealerships.

Yamaha of Columbus was in the building that MOC is in back when it was owned by Arena....about 4 years ago now. Then they moved out East. They sold to Iron Pony about 5 months ago.

Motorsports of Columbus is a Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki dealer on Morse Rd.

Yeah I heard they were in negiotations awhile back, but hadn't heard anything about it recently.

I figured MOC wouldn't last too much longer...

How you been brother? I figured you'd heard this already, but it's gone far enough that they announced it to the employees last week.

How you been brother? I figured you'd heard this already, but it's gone far enough that they announced it to the employees last week.

Been good man, long time no talk! How bout yourself?

So MOC announced it to their employees?? Wow I need to call those guys..

Edited by zerocrash

well half of that plaza next to the pony is empty. I'm suprised they aren't doing something with that.

I'm actually suprised someone hasn't put a moto themed restraunt/pub in there yet.

do you know if they are keeping the same building on morse road or is everything being moved to the mega complex on westerville road?

Not positive on that one. I've heard that they'll have to keep it at Morse Rd for one year as part of the existing OEM contracts, but I'm not sure on the details. I'd imagine the final plan would be to move all 4 lines to the store on Westerville Rd, it's certainly big enough.

I'm an idiot. You can publicly humiliate me. I'm at your mercy.

I was thinking he meant Yamaha of Columbus. I'm a tool box...

Rumor has been in the works for almost a year, I think. If he's got a pic of a sign stating it, post it to make it official... I think it is still more rumor than fact...

I'm an idiot. You can publicly humiliate me. I'm at your mercy.

I was thinking he meant Yamaha of Columbus. I'm a tool box...

Rumor has been in the works for almost a year, I think. If he's got a pic of a sign stating it, post it to make it official... I think it is still more rumor than fact...

It's cool. We're both idiots.