Iron Pony to buy Motorsports of Columbus

Smokey

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokey-

Let me lay it out easily for you. The point is that it COULD happen to where people COULD lose their jobs. Employees COULD quit at the sound of the shop selling in fear if it doesn't, the shop may go under. Also, if the two WERE talking back and forth (Pony and MOC), priveledged information getting out to a guy like yourself who spreads it publically before a deal is finalized COULD halt talks.

You act as if you work there as opposed to having "buddies" that work there giving you "inside info". All I know is that if your buddies are feeding you info, they COULD be in some heat. I know if I was a manager and the guys I told in confidence started telling everyone and I read it on a site like this (a lot of dealer employees and owners read here) I'd be pissed.

Do what you want. Try and understand things in a manner you can, but understand that things COULD be bad from telling stuff that is probably confidential...

how many more times would you like to say that? Do you just enjoy repeating hypothetical situations? I appreciate your input and would like you to not continue. Thank you.

If someone were to back out of a business deal based solely on the fact that it was spread on the internet (which details of the deal were not, just the fact that it might happen)...then they would be a poor businessman anyway. If the deal doesn't go through then it's because of something else.

how many more times would you like to say that? Do you just enjoy repeating hypothetical situations? I appreciate your input and would like you to not continue. Thank you.

If someone were to back out of a business deal based solely on the fact that it was spread on the internet (which details of the deal were not, just the fact that it might happen)...then they would be a poor businessman anyway. If the deal doesn't go through then it's because of something else.

Let's put it this way - do you understand what a Confidentiality Agreement is or means? Apparently not...

Anyways, I am out as it is all speculation unless an employee actually says it otherwise. Buddy telling a buddy is hear say and nothing concrete...

Let's put it this way - do you understand what a Confidentiality Agreement is or means? Apparently not...

Anyways, I am out as it is all speculation unless an employee actually says it otherwise. Buddy telling a buddy is hear say and nothing concrete...

I'm certain Smokey knows what a Confidentiality Agreement is, I am however confused as to how this is relevant to Smokey's post?? He is not an employee at this point, therefore, if there is such a thing as a C.A. in this case, it has nothing to do with him.

Lizard I know you typically have the inside info. about the local motorcycle community because of who you are and what you do for a living, which I respect. I assume in this case you know a lot more than you're letting on. And I also assume that's to respect the privacy of prospective business ventures, which I also respect.

But, (there's always a but) if someone else wants to discuss a "rumor" on a public (local) motorcycle forum, what's the problem? Had you not try to discredit him, much of the info. and/or sources would not have even come out.

But back-in-the-day when I worked Klamfoth Honda, Classic Cycles was the Kawasaki dealer, and was a great shop.

Back in the day Classic Cycles was the shit!! Smokey and I worked there for several years together. Damn those were some good times...

Back in the day Classic Cycles was the shit!! Smokey and I worked there for several years together. Damn those were some good times...

Dude? your like 24. did you start working when you were 12?

I'm certain Smokey knows what a Confidentiality Agreement is, I am however confused as to how this is relevant to Smokey's post?? He is not an employee at this point, therefore, if there is such a thing as a C.A. in this case, it has nothing to do with him.

Lizard I know you typically have the inside info. about the local motorcycle community because of who you are and what you do for a living, which I respect. I assume in this case you know a lot more than you're letting on. And I also assume that's to respect the privacy of prospective business ventures, which I also respect.

But, (there's always a but) if someone else wants to discuss a "rumor" on a public (local) motorcycle forum, what's the problem? Had you not try to discredit him, much of the info. and/or sources would not have even come out.

You are correct, but he's taking info from the shop and letting anyone from Pony or MOC know he got it from inside MOC. that basically can mean two things - he's taking a rumor and making it really exact and either using it to cause a ruckus or two, he actually got info from a manager there. Actually, three - now you saying he isn't at this time, I am suspecting he actually knows more because he works there.

Whatever the case, the point I am trying to show is that he's been given privileged information if his info is true. That's a violation on one of the two people involved. Going public is why people make other people sign these things. So, if it does go public, it is pretty easy to find out who did it.

Take his buddy at the store he stated he knows. Pretty easy to figure it out who it is on MOCs end, I bet...

It's just that while I do have inside info a lot of times, I never violate what is asked of me. I have no clue whether or not this is legit. Wish I did and have asked, but have received ZERO info. Even if I did, I wouldn't share it until it is concrete.

I just think it is tacky and can cause issues with people and their jobs with such exact and detailed info.

Had you not try to discredit him, much of the info. and/or sources would not have even come out.

The thing is that in events like this, rumors can be harmful. He started the thread and pointed out he had friends that were told and that were managers. I prompted him to tell us more and then proceeded to tell him to calm it down in respect to the dealers and employees involved.

He could have been a big enough guy and kept quiet. He didn't. He's an adult and could have chosen a wiser path. It's the whole "If I told him to jump off a bridge..." deal.

Lizard, at this point you're doing nothing more than trolling this thread. You can feel good about yourself that you have the last word. I would appreciate it if you would leave now.

This thread was started to gauge people's interest as to if they would like to see Pony take over the 3 lines that MOC has, and it's turned into a complete shitfest thanks to you.

Lizard, at this point you're doing nothing more than trolling this thread. You can feel good about yourself that you have the last word. I would appreciate it if you would leave now.

This thread was started to gauge people's interest as to if they would like to see Pony take over the 3 lines that MOC has, and it's turned into a complete shitfest thanks to you.

Uh, was talking to Zerocrash. Thanks, though for your input...

you have zero worth to add to this thread....you're trolling.

rumors bad. you no getty. me add good input and stuff. me so horny. :D:D:D

In the end, how's this? I think Pony getting MOC would be an EXCELLENT thing. It would cause the other area shops to get their shit in order. I think HNW is the only shop that is close in terms of a quality dealership. The others? Take a look at a few threads and you can see why they are in DIRE need of restructure.

Pony's ideals on how to do things is very different than what is typical in our industry. That being said, they can do things based on experience that others are either not willing to do or can't do because of lack of experience.

Also, from what others are saying in the Yamaha thread and here, it appears many approve and are excited at the possibility should it be factual.

I also believe that they (Pony) would effect the other Ohio dealers. Their reach is beyond Columbus. I think people will drive far and wide to them for multiple reasons. The accessories is a HUGE draw to customers. If they even remotely get the salesmanship and service parts right, they'll have a HUGE customer following.

I saw the Hind's advertisement that essentially called out Pony where they said for people to go to the area's largest accessory shop and try what you like on and come back to Hinds and they'd beat the price.

Now, I understand competition, but let's look at that. One, Hinds would have to order almost ANYTHING as they carry next to nothing. Two, by advertising that, they essentially violate Advertising Policies to an extent and could get in trouble over that. Thirdly, they don't carry certain items as they are not authorized dealers. Fox, Sidi, Scorpion, Oakley, and MANY others. So, they are really doing false advertising.

In the end, it is really a matter of grasping at straws and somewhat sad. This would be Pony's competition - IF they do MOC. It WILL be their competition with Yamaha. Think Pony would even for a minute be worried about competition like that?

HNW and Pony will lock horns I suspect on Yamaha and if the rumor is true on MOC. But, I think HNW will maintain a certain level of customers due to loyalty and whatnot. People will stay and people will go. It's the Asks, Hinds, MOCs, and even outlying other dealers that I'd be concerned about as to whether or not they can stay around and compete...

How's that for contributing?