Clutch on my bike

Miller

To start I have an 89 Ninja. She is in good condition, girl ridden, and for the most part I have fixed everything up on her. Recently, when the bike reaches the powerband the rpm climb and the speed not so much; it's a no brainer. How much would a clutch for an 89 250r ninja cost and where can I find it? Plus is the install hard?

Easy to install, just make sure you have the correct stack height. They usually give you extra steels/fibers in the kit so don't put them all in!

About $100. I usually buy from ronayers.com they have the online fiche and great prices on OEM.

Also make sure your cable is adjusted right and allows the clutch to fully engage before you call the old one toast. Should have a little (2-3 mm) freeplay in the lever before it starts pulling on the cable.

Same sites with some knowledge. Kawasaki does a lot of inbreeding with their clutches. I put heavier springs in my 12r by using 6r springs. The 6r uses four heavy ones and the 12r uses six medium ones so I swapped out three of the six for more holding power. Go to kawiforums.com and ask around for some suggestions.