Got my Turbo Mustang running today

1bad95gt

Hey guys, Been around the site for a while just kind of lurking, but Ive been up to qsl a couple times with my Blue Cobra Vert (Slow), and Ive been working on this for the last year and just got it running today, its not finished but is running now.

Here's the setup right now:

STOCK 91 Mustang GT Longblock

Hogan's Sheetmetal Intake Manifold

Meziere Water Pump

Master Power GT45 Turbo

Turbonetics Wastegate

75mm Throttle Body

50 pound injectors/Mass air

C4 with transbrake

Big End 3500 Stall Converter

UPR Double Adj. Uppers and Lowers

Anderson PMS

NGK Wideband

Weld fat and skinnys

10 point cage

No A/C or Powersteering (so the only thing motor is turning is alternator)

4:10 gear (probably going to be way to much)

Much more to list but you get the idea, My goal with car is pretty much to see how far I can push a stock Longblock car. I have a 69 Boss 302 Forged Shortblock Stroked to 336 ready to go in when Im ready to really crank the boost. Everything was done at M&H Performance in Chillicothe

Here is a vid of the first startup:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/tyspgt/Picture015.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/tyspgt/Picture001.jpg

From what I've worked with the MP GT45 units are good to under 700rwhp on a 302, its a S4 turbine wheel which flows fairly well, but its a 68mm inducer on the compressor side which is limiting on a 302. It's nothing like the garrett GT4508R, but it is a nice turbo on a budget. The closest true garrett counterpart would be a GT4094.

nice ty......been a long time.

Thanks eric, yeah its takin a long time, and alot of money. But it will be back out now all I need is the Vband from the turbo to the down pipe and its ready. Its been a pita to find, I ordered one from ptk about a month or two ago and it still hasent came in, and they are the only ones that make it :doh:

From what I've worked with the MP GT45 units are good to under 700rwhp on a 302, its a S4 turbine wheel which flows fairly well, but its a 68mm inducer on the compressor side which is limiting on a 302. It's nothing like the garrett GT4508R, but it is a nice turbo on a budget. The closest true garrett counterpart would be a GT4094.

Yeah, 700 is about what I will be looking for if I ever get the other motor I have together. But money is really tight right at the moment. (probably going to have to put this car up for sale after its done :( )

Thanks eric, yeah its takin a long time, and alot of money. But it will be back out now all I need is the Vband from the turbo to the down pipe and its ready. Its been a pita to find, I ordered one from ptk about a month or two ago and it still hasent came in, and they are the only ones that make it :doh:

Good. Fucking. Luck.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
Thanks man, Im the one you met in Chillicothe when you were in that yellow Corvette, I had the Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra Vert.

Thats what I thought. So when you gonna have this one out?