Saw a bike wreck on 71.

StealthCat

I was riding from quaker steak to iron pony with 2 other bikes and a bunch of other cars at around midnight last night,and one of the bikes went down *hard*.The guy that went down had accelerated and from the beginning to end of the on ramp was probably going about 100 mph.He proceeded to zip in and out of two cars,and then grab a hand full of fronts for some reason and hit the ground.I was about 200 feet behind him and all I remember was looking up the road at a massive ball of light while the bike threw more sparks then a fireworks display.It took me 2 or 3 seconds to comprehend what just happened because it was so damn bright,but once I did I found out the driver was right in front of me.I swerved as hard as I could and damn near laid my own bike down trying to avoid running him over.He eventually stopped rolling and somehow found his way off the highway and was laying on his back when I saw him next.His bike continued about another 1/8 of a mile down the road,until it slid into a concrete barrier and bounced back towards the left most lane but stayed in the shoulder.I stopped about a hundred feet in front of the bike and the other rider stopped about a hundred feet in front of me.I told him to go make sure the guy was alive and out of the road and I proceeded to shut the now smoking bike off and get it up.I discovered that the kick stand was really hot from sliding down the highway almost a 1/4 mile and found out it wasn't a good idea to touch it with my hand....but only after touching it with my hand.I ran back to the fallen rider but by this time he was surrounded by people and (luckily) a male nurse.He was alive and in one piece,conscious,but not very coherent from what I understand.Cops came,paramedics were on their way,and there really wasn't much more I could do so I just left.

I tried looking on the news for it today but found nothing anywhere.Does anyone know anything about this or if the guy is alright?The bike was a white and red Yamaha fzr-600,he had a blue and white icon helmet on,a red textile jacket with a metal plate on the bike,and black sneakers (that had gotten taken off in the fall,as did the helmet visor).This happened about 1000 feet after the on-ramp merges with 71 north off of Polaris parkway (right around the corner from quaker steak).I'm curious as to his condition and just trying to find out what made him go down.