Burt Reynolds edition trans am

Slimpsy1647545505

Loved the movie when I was a kid. . and enjoyed watching the "Celebrity rides" build on this car. It's a nice modern retro interpretation of the classic smokey and the bandit car. And you can own it for just under 220,000 ...icky.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Year-One-Trans-Am-signed-by-Burt-Reynolds_W0QQitemZ160182386610QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6427QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know, the LS7 addition seems pretty impressive to me.

427... 800... 427... 800... 427... 800...

Maybe its just me, but 1300 all motor ponies on Sunoco 94 would be a pretty sick end to the recreation of a classic getaway car.

When I was a kid I wanted one sooo bad. That and a Countach. There was someone who lived in my apt complex in San Gabriel then who had one. I used to just go out in the parking lot and stare at it whenever I went by. I would never have a giant fucking bird or anything else for that matter on the hood of any car I own but would still do it for that one.

agree.....excellent looking and nicely done ride. I could do without the BR logos though, but understand.

as a kid, I remember loving that car and had like three copies of hot wheels cars and several models that I built.

very sexy but not for the price

I'm not quite grasping where this crazy price comes from.

In all honesty, how much does a restored/mint condition 79 T/A go for now stock? Now throw in 50k (includes labor) of these goodies that have been added, and there ya go.

I can possibly see selling this car for more than 75k-80k.

In all honesty, how much does a restored/mint condition 79 T/A go for now stock? Now throw in 50k (includes labor) of these goodies that have been added, and there ya go.

Yeah, I think it's more geared towards collectors that don't put a price on owning a piece of modern legend. They actually built 30 of these, with different engine options. I have the show tivo'd. . it was a 3 part series . . . I believe it was on speed, but not completely sure. They basically bought 30 t/a bodies from various junk yards around the country and stripped them, put all new floors and hardware in, custom interiors, upgraded the lights to LED in rear and euro clears in front and machined custom rims. They are definitely banking a good profit though.

And of course burt got one for free :p

People with no skills and time to do it but have money will pay just about anything for things they want and that are in limited supply.

I agree on the price. I'd pay perhaps the equiv. of a ZO6 for it, but no more. Just me perhaps.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/rebecabpg/32.gif

i swear im not trying to get off topic but the carrerra is amazing