Question: 05 r6 raven or 05 GSXR?

TitusS2k

Hello all, Im in the market for a sportbike for spring. After my s2000 gets sold, im either going to buy a 05-06 R6 Raven edition, Or 05 GSXR. My questions for you all are, Whats a better daily bike? Comfortable? Fast? Mods Available? Resale? I apprecaite it. I have been doing some research, but i want you guys .02 cents!

Thanks

Titus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^+1

if you're not very deep into having ridden many sport bikes before you'll likely never notice the small differences between them. The riding position and looks will be the biggest differences to you (no offense meant). So I'd focus on the big factors for you.

The story has always been, Gsx-r on the street, and Yamaha's on the track. Both the R6 and R1 are much more track-focused bikes, Power waaaaaaaaaaaay up in the rpm's, ergo's straight off a race bike, and the suspension doesnt feel as good unless its really working. However, alot of people still get them for streetbikes, and i really happen to like the 03 R1's on the street, so really, just check em both out. and hey, if your looking at 05's, you would be doing your self a great disservice to not check out the kawi 636's. i think probably the best 600 class bike out for street riders.

well i can tell u i run around with Mikey Davie and Niles... mike has a 06 r1 well hel he had a 99 r1 and a 02 r1.. befor his 06 and niles has the 07 r6 and they are allways bitching about they cant find mods like u can a gsxr and if u do its way more to buy... so there is some food for thought befor buyin a r6 http://ohio-riders.net/photoplog/images/2177/medium/1_ZVIkuBqS4cSa2zJIvlwp7XQari5AbnFL00A0.jpg here is mikes r1

i have an 05 gsxr 600 that may for sale if you want to sit on it.

fwiw, my buddies Stock R6 had the oil light come on with fairly low miles, for a street bike i'd go suzuki. I've ridden mine to cleveland multiple times and it was a breeze.

both are high reving bikes. the 636 is a great bike, but how often are yuo going to get to 17k on the street? i love it, a blast to ride, but streetable for normal stuff no? even with the gixxer, how often are you going to be in the 12-15k range?

personally if i was going to get a newer used bike, u would look for something with a low power band. i like how the aprilla are tuned. max torque at 8.5k, max power at 9.5k. the are just as powerful bikes, just not as high revving.

ducati's as well have a lower power band.

You know I love the GSXR. I have owned an 04 R6, an 05 GSXR 6, and now an 07 GSXR 6...and the GSXR imo is the more comfortable, and much more trqy than my old R6. I have raced 636's time and time again on my 07 and have either hung side to side or beat them, stock or with a pipe. The GSXR although not as nimble as the R6, feels more solid and has a better appeal to it that the bug (fly) look of the R6. However, choose a bike that suits you, don't buy a bike b/c someone tells you to.

truestory.edu, Id like to get everyones .02. I know siting and riding are two different ball games, But it will help me make a decision. I have some people interested in the car, So once i sell it there wont be any rush to buy anything rite away. Id like to have the bike a little bit before spring so i can get a few small mods for it.

well i can tell u i run around with Mikey Davie and Niles... mike has a 06 r1 well hel he had a 99 r1 and a 02 r1.. befor his 06 and niles has the 07 r6 and they are allways bitching about they cant find mods like u can a gsxr and if u do its way more to buy... so there is some food for thought befor buyin a r6 http://ohio-riders.net/photoplog/images/2177/medium/1_ZVIkuBqS4cSa2zJIvlwp7XQari5AbnFL00A0.jpg here is mikes r1

You hang out with Niles? That's the goofy kid with the stretched and sprayed blue R6, right? I've always wondered why someone would do that to a 600.

Titus: Have you looked at Kawi's ZX6R? I know a few guys on here have them and love them.

http://www.motorsports-network.com/kawasaki/05street/zx36or2.jpg

And my wife has an 05 CBR600RR Tribal. I ride it a lot just to goof off on. Its an incredibly fun bike. I love riding that bike.

http://www.cmgonline.com/bikes/models/Honda/CBR600RR/2005/studio/BigP/CBR600RR_rhs_bg.jpg