what are you thoughts on a acura rsx-s??

Rustlestiltskin

WRX's blow IMO. A stock RSX could prolly beat an 02-03 WRX from a roll....go with the RSX for reliability, handling, and all around good looks. Who likes bug eyes anyways?

The AWD Disadvantage is not as bad as you would think if you know how to drive. Brake Boosting + proper gear = fine rolling up to 120 on stock setup. I personally like the bug eye and is the main reason I've not bought a STI.

Personally I would not get a RSX-S. I drove an integra GSR and an orginal RSX and they did not do anything to impress me. I hated the feeling of waiting that damn long to shift to have any nuts. The handling was ok but nothing compared to just about any car with a minor aftermarket setup. It just did not seem worth it.

The car I drove with the "turbo lag" was a brand new 2004 WRX Impreza. Asking price of 27K or 28K I forget. It had maybe 10 miles. Maybe it wasn't turbo lag- maybe it was the powerband- either way I was NOT impressed.

Also- looking past that god awful hood scoop was equally fun.

Opinions are like a#@$#@$ To each their own.

He is not looking for a quarter mile monster- if he is he better forget all this #@$#@ and buy a mustang or camaro. Who has owned or actually driven an RSX-S to give him some more opinions...

BTW check out clubrsx.com- a little juvenile like most of the import groups but if you stick it out you can actually find some decent tech.

thorne your bias is beautiful. Also- I thought we were going to line up at fall norwalk????

The rsx does not take long to get to 6000 rpm- it revs faster than a 3" stroke 5.0 mustang both in stock form. Not sure of the stroke on the rsx but I bet it is short.

should just get an srt4 and kick thornes ass an be done with it...lol

ive driven a few rsxs a while back fun zippy car...some guy i met up at qsl had a bone stock and went out and raced phil soslow50 and well the rsx walked him lol

should just get an srt4 and kick thornes ass an be done with it...lol

ive driven a few rsxs a while back fun zippy car...some guy i met up at qsl had a bone stock and went out and raced phil soslow50 and well the rsx walked him lol

LOL it all makes sense now why he wants to sell his stang now.. haha

Like I said in the thread about Mazdas, Subarus are just average at everything.. they don't necessarily stand out in any one area, IMO.

As far as the RSX-s it would be a nice sporty little daily driver, but I don't think I could personally see myself driving one. The lines of the body and etc are a little too girly for my own taste.

Same goes for the Celica GTS that was mentioned, sweet little car with pep in it's step but it might just be too girly for me to actually drive.

some guy in a wrx tryed to race me in my 240 kept givign me the look adn reving at me, it seems alot of the wrx guys have the same ego as the srt4 people. im not trying to stereotype anyone it just seems that way, just made me think about it. either way like i said again, if you like the rsx id get it, would make a perfect daily driver and

A guy I work with and talk to about cars has a RSX-S and seems to like his. He hasn't had the best of luck with the body. He got rear ended one month. After fighting with that insurance company it took roughly 2-3 weeks to get it fixed. Had it one night and got hit by that nasty hail storm we had in the spring a few years back. Pretty much damaged every panel except for the front bumper. A week after getting that fixed, someone swerved and took out his front bumper as he was sitting at a light at a intersection. So in 3 months, he had every body panel worked on or replaced and a fresh new paint job on the whole thing. LOL. I was amazed how big the stock air box is. He got a CAI system for his and it now looks like he is missing half of his engine in the engine bay.

some guy in a wrx tryed to race me in my 240 kept givign me the look adn reving at me, it seems alot of the wrx guys have the same ego as the srt4 people. im not trying to stereotype anyone it just seems that way, just made me think about it. either way like i said again, if you like the rsx id get it, would make a perfect daily driver and

hehehe, I won't lie If I'm out and see a car I would consider worthy I will attempt atleast once If I'm in the mood.

I had one and drove it only as a DD. Enjoyed the great feel and good gas mileage. I was on two trips to NYC and got 45mpg on a couple tanks...needless to say my friend following me in his WRX was mad, that he was filling up and I had half a tank. But day to day was about 30mpg. Great car if you want a sporty dd with good gas mileage!!