Took A Ride Today

cheezeberger07

took my first ride in the cold today... this is my first winter riding a bike so im just gettin a feel for how much cold i can tolerate. i had under armor pants underneath my regular riding pants and 3 layers of various types of shirts under my riding jacket. i must say, it wasnt as bad as i thought it was. i live in East Liverpool Ohio and took a ride up to Youngstown using route 170 and ending up on 7 and taking it to youngstown. its about 45 degrees over here and it wasnt bad for my first real cold riding. the only real obstacle was the rock salt that i would collect every once in awhile when i drift into the center of my lane but all in all it was a fun experience.

:biker:

I walked out of the house this morning, noticed that I couldn't see my own breath, and immediately thought "there's going to be some batshit insane guy on the boards going 'I rode today!' when I get home." And here you are :p Glad ya had fun...I sure as hell wouldn't venture out there this time of year.

Just a friendly suggestion, you might consider heading over to the Introductions section and introduce yourself so people can get to know ya :) Welcome to the board! [noticed you have one post...so I'm just assuming :p)

it was not bad at noon when i rode mine from my place to its winter home.

i am really looking forward to getting the 350f out this winter on the ice and snow to have some fun. i figure if i rode it from circle ville last winter in 20 degree weather it can stand a little snow fun this winter.

snow angels nothing it snow doughnut time

I rode the whole winter last year, there were a few days that it sucked. There was snow on the ground (not on the road) and it was below 32. My hands were froze before I got on the highway for a 25minute 100mph holeshot to work. My truck motor took a shit and it was either ride the bike or not make $.

took my first ride in the cold today... this is my first winter riding a bike so im just

gettin a feel for how much cold i can tolerate. i had under armor pants underneath my regular riding pants and 3

layers of various types of shirts under my riding jacket. i must say, it wasnt as bad as i thought it was.

Assuming you wear a helmet, get yourself one of these lycra pullovers for under it, they make a HUGE difference,

keeps the cold air off your neck and face. Your helmet will fit easily over the thin lycra but even though its thin, it really works well !

10-1216-BLK-FRONT.jpg

i've rode into the 20's but need some overpants to block the wind, my body and hands were good for about 30 min or so. thighs were killing me....need some over pants. :-)

Meijer and Walmart have some fleece lined jeans that work really well ! I'm good to about 40, gotta be sunny and over 40deg for me :)

Assuming you wear a helmet' date=' get yourself one of these lycra pullovers for under it, they make a HUGE difference,

keeps the cold air off your neck and face. Your helmet will fit easily over the thin lycra but even though its thin, it really works well !

[img']http://www.performancebike.com/product_images/250/10-1216-BLK-FRONT.jpg

+1. I have a thicker one also that seems to have a layer of plastic in the middle and let's absolutely no air through.

Oh yeah, I rode about 40 miles this afternoon. 28 degrees and snowing when I left my house. :badgerrock: