Regret selling your car?

V8 Beast

So how many of us have sold a car just to regret it later?

I had a Grand Am GT with ram air and the prototype ram air hood a year before they started producing them. I drove it off the showroom floor at Dan Tobin and loved that car for the 4 years my wife and I had it. Leather seats, sun roof, the whole 9, and it felt comfortable.

We decided to trade it in for a sebring to save some money. BAD IDEA!!!!! The sebrings transmission busted within 4 months, and never drove right again after it was "fixed". From there we swapped it out for a Stratus RT. I have to admit the car is great on turns, but the confort factor isnt there.

I almost sold the trans am on 3 different occasions as well. I'm kinda glad nobody made me an offer while it was on autotrader.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had an 87nissan 300zx CLEAN AS hell...but went threw 2 motors and a tranny...best handling/breaking car ive ever driven...ttops fully loaded i do regret selling that car i think aboit that car a;lmost everyday

brian dont u dare sell the ta

I miss my Small Block S-10 that I built in HS. Had a couple of opportunities to buy it back and sometimes regret not buying it back just to have it around.

Moving forward however, I've decided I'm no longer getting rid of cars...just going to have to find a place to start keeping them all.

I miss my 93 Sentra SE-R. That car was a blast to drive, and it was good on gas.

I do not regret selling my 89 IROC-Z though. Most unreliable POS ever. I do not understand how the test drive went so well with that car. The starter went out on it the night it bought. Everything else had the domino effect after that within a few months time. Never again.

My old Datsun 510, Triumph TR7, first gen Supra. All these cars were brought back to mint by me. I miss each and every one. I've learned my lesson. I always tell people now if you sell because 'you feel you have to' for whatever reason, you will regret it.

Moving forward however, I've decided I'm no longer getting rid of cars...just going to have to find a place to start keeping them all.

That's kind of my thinking too. Pay them off and keep em'. I picture having a handful of cars all very modified all faster then the one before...We'll see how well that actually goes after about 2 cars though.

Back on topic. I had a 95 Avenger that never gave me any problems. 3 months away from paying it off I traded it and bought my GTP. I don't really regret my Grand Prix, but sometimes when I'm working on it I could use a second car and that would have been great to have around as a beater.

I almost sold the trans am on 3 different occasions as well. I'm kinda glad nobody made me an offer while it was on autotrader.

Brian if for some apparent reason you decide you want to put the car up for sale please give me a buzz first!!

I sold my 2002 Firehawk with 40k on the clock summer of 06 before I moved back to Columbus man I regret it to this day!!!

The reason I thought I needed to sale it for ended up being bullshit! oh well :(

There is way too many for me. I've owned over 150 cars, but to name a few...1970 Ford Torino 302 60k Miles, My first Taurus SHO(1989), 86 Corvette, 84 190E 5 Speed-perfect condition,1996 Land Rover Discovery, 99 C230 Kompressor(Made a nice downpayment on my house). I sold the Torino to someone on CR in Pickerington, I'd love to know where its at now. I should have never sold it :(

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6493/torino44434sy1.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8650/tcpc9.jpg

I had another '86 Mustang GT back when I was 21. I drove it for about 6 months, then realized there was no way I was going to be able to make it through an upstate NY winter with it. I sold it, and always regretted it, until I found my current '86 GT, which is nearly identical, except for the air and cruise that this one has. The one I have now is in even better shape, so really, I guess I don't regret selling the first one because it led me to the second one. :)

I've always been on the fence about my '93 Cobra. I had it for about 6 months before someone hit it in a parking lot. It was pretty messed up and I was really upset about it. I was in the Air Force at the time and the security policeman that wrote up the report ended up buying it from me after it was fixed. I broke even on it, and at the time, it was costing me a lot to drive and insure, but thinking back, it would have been nice to keep that as well. They just hold their value so well. Mine had 40K miles on it and was all stock. I was too broke to even do any mods:

http://www.wease.net/pics/Cobra1.jpg

:(

I should never had sold my Previous car, an Accord , but honestly the price was right and the buyer approached me. Besides, I do love the experience of the GXP, but wish it had the Accord's Interior I'll miss her when the time comes....here real soon....but it all depends on what I end up getting I suppose.

The only car I've sold that I really miss is my old 1G talon. DSM's are a dime a dozen, but it is still one of the nicest I have seen. It hurts even more when the current owner sends me pictures of it :(

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/resize2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/resize9.jpg

Guest FooFooMaru

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/majin_cloud2/SD530992.jpg

Gone, and glad. I want one in future but I need a 4 door for concerts and stoff with band. Now i just need my saturn to go away so I can get that four door. ha

**okay, after looking at pic....I miss but i'm overall okay with selling it and looking forward to more cars. It was a good "beginner" for me to learn about cars and to get a feel for what I want.

I really regret selling my first car was a 85 cutlass supreme. Fully loaded t-tops and clean as hell. Was in a wreck with it and fixed it over that winter but never got it painted. I think once I get rid of the mazda I will pick up another cutlass to keep and a cheap beater for the day to day stuff.

I miss my 91 civic dx 1.5L. I bought it from the dealer with 68,000 miles on it. The car was mint. No rust at all. No mods. It was a perfect car. I had it for 7 years before I sold it to my friend. It was totaled a month later.

Such a sad story.