Who works at Honda?

hpfiend

i used to...it was the easiest and most boring job i have ever had.

i worked stamping at MAP. the only time i enjoyed it was when i got to go over to weld or paint and work.

surprisingly i got away with alot there too....i used to just go walk around during my shift for hours and nobody would notice i was gone. i literally sat in my car for atleast an hour one time and went back to work without any issues. another funny thing is....i dont work there anymore, but i still get phone calls from them thinking im still employed? haha

now dont get me wrong it pays pretty good. but it just wasnt for me. i have never been so depressed at a job to where i had to walk away from what i was doing. or just leave and never come back. it just sucks because you never know where they will place you either. i wanted to go on assembly since im young and energetic. well instead i got stuck with a bunch of slow 50 year old men. then i got promises of driving a fork lift since i have been certified in 3 warehouses and thats what i did previous to working there. everytime it came down to my training...it would get pushed off another week due to stamping being so behind. which i didnt understand because if they were so behind then how come i just stood there all night barely doing anything.

all in all i just hated it there because i felt like i had no purpose. and feeling unwanted kind of sucks

I went through the Addecco temporary program in '98 where I was placed in the motorcycle plant on the final weld line doing most of the hand mig welding on the Goldwing, Valkerie and Shadow frames as well as the swing arms. At the time, I was the only temp up to that point that was trained on how to operate some of the computer boring machines and some of the robot welders. I loved that job, and a lot of it was the people I worked with. Probably the most fun environment I've worked in to date.

My direct supervisor contacted HR suggesting that they should bring me in early (before the 10 month contract expired) to evaluate and hire me. Went through 4 interviews, but the hiring lottery didn't work in my favor and I wasn't hired. On my last day, the whole final weld dept took up a collection and gave me over $350 and we all went to a local pub and they bought me drinks all evening. I hung out with one of my closer coworker buddies a few weeks later and he mentioned that my supervisor as well as the weld line dept manager contacted HR petitioning for them to rethink not hiring me and had actually gotten a good portion of the weld dept to go in on and sign my letter of recommendation.

Still nothing happened and here 10 years later, I know I would have really excelled at Honda and really done well for myself there. Their loss I guess.

I went through the Addecco temporary program in '98 where I was placed in the motorcycle plant on the final weld line doing most of the hand mig welding on the Goldwing, Valkerie and Shadow frames as well as the swing arms. At the time, I was the only temp up to that point that was trained on how to operate some of the computer boring machines and some of the robot welders. I loved that job, and a lot of it was the people I worked with. Probably the most fun environment I've worked in to date.

My direct supervisor contacted HR suggesting that they should bring me in early (before the 10 month contract expired) to evaluate and hire me. Went through 4 interviews, but the hiring lottery didn't work in my favor and I wasn't hired. On my last day, the whole final weld dept took up a collection and gave me over $350 and we all went to a local pub and they bought me drinks all evening. I hung out with one of my closer coworker buddies a few weeks later and he mentioned that my supervisor as well as the weld line dept manager contacted HR petitioning for them to rethink not hiring me and had actually gotten a good portion of the weld dept to go in on and sign my letter of recommendation.

Still nothing happened and here 10 years later, I know I would have really excelled at Honda and really done well for myself there. Their loss I guess.

I think my neighbor Mark is doing the Addecco program doing welding right now at the Honda plant. Anything you can recommend for him to do to be able to stay there and work for Honda besides show up for work everyday and do his job?

I think my neighbor Mark is doing the Addecco program doing welding right now at the Honda plant. Anything you can recommend for him to do to be able to stay there and work for Honda besides show up for work everyday and do his job?

Other than that? Just work hard, and be productive. Get to know people. Even with only being a "temp", make relationships with those you work with.

• 5 months later...