bike for the woman

Jonan1647545505

• 2 weeks later...
Wait a few months for the new Ninja 250 (major body style and performance update) to make the old Ninja 250's (2007 or older) worth jack and two cents. Pick up a used one for her since it's low to the ground and has next to no power. You can't beat it for reliability and economy.

Tell her to man up and get an R1, not that I'm bias or anything. :D

Take her out and have her sit on a few bikes, see what she is comfortable on. But with that price range she won't have a chance to be too picky.

Good luck with finding a bike, just make sure not to rush into anything. Because if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

i dont think there is a major performance upgrade on the new 250, IIRC its mostly cosmetic.

Reports say 30% more HP/TQ, which while still not a lot, is nothing to scoff at. Anyway, that wasn't the point of my statement. When the new bike is released, with the new body style and new motor, no one will want the old ones anymore. Demand goes down, price goes down. Wait for it, then hit the used market and pick up a really nice starter bike for cheap!