New Verizon Wireless plans launch today..

V8 Beast

This is going to be huge!!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/phones/2008-02-18-verizon_N.htm?csp=34

NEW YORK — Verizon Wireless (VZ) Tuesday will unveil a plan that offers unlimited domestic calling for a flat fee of $99.99 to $139.99 a month.

Unlimited plans for BlackBerry devices and other smartphones will start at $129.99 a month. The pricier plans offer extra features, such as unlimited messaging, global e-mail and video.

The new "Nationwide Unlimited Anytime Minutes Plan" could rewrite the competitive rules of the wireless industry, which has long embraced the idea of selling "buckets" of minutes for a set monthly price. Verizon, which claims 66 million customers, now offers a bucket of 2,000 minutes for $99 a month.

Jack Plating, chief operating officer of Verizon Wireless, says his company isn't abandoning the bucket — but it is targeting "high value" customers who pay at least $100 a month for wireless services.

"We are going after high-end customers," he says....

For all of you high rollers that have been asking for it... we finally did it.

Bye bye At&t :D

beat my sprint plan of.. 1250 minutes nationwide, free nights and weekends starting at 7. unlimited text, unlimited data, unlimited picture and video messaging for $50 a month and ill be impressed. until then i say no company can touch this value.

also $7 a month for service and replacement including PDAs

Enjoy them while you can because as a business they pretty much suck monkey balls.

1/18/2008

By Colin Barr, senior writer

Sprint's $35 billion buyout of Nextel was supposed to create a wireless powerhouse. It didn't happen.

Gary Forsee, who engineered the Nextel merger, was forced out of Sprint in October....

NEW YORK (Fortune) -- The cutbacks are only beginning at Sprint.

With customer defections hitting a new record, the nation's No. 3 wireless carrier said Friday it would cut 4,000 jobs, or about 7 percent of its workforce, on top of the 5,000 pink slips handed out early last year. Sprint also said on Friday that it would close 125 stores as its monthly subscriber losses mount.

It's unlikely that the belt-tightening is over. Sprint is getting creamed by its bigger yet nimbler rivals, among them Verizon unit Verizon Wireless and AT&T, despite the overall health of the wireless industry as consumers worldwide embrace mobile technology.

With customer defections hitting a new record, the nation's No. 3 wireless carrier said Friday it would cut 4,000 jobs, or about 7 percent of its workforce, on top of the 5,000 pink slips handed out early last year. Sprint also said on Friday that it would close 125 stores as its monthly subscriber losses mount.

Can you hear me now? :burn:

beat my sprint plan of.. 1250 minutes nationwide, free nights and weekends starting at 7. unlimited text, unlimited data, unlimited picture and video messaging for $50 a month and ill be impressed. until then i say no company can touch this value.

It is pretty easy to beat. With Verizon I can get far more reliable data services, more bars in more places, less dropped calls, can actually make calls in a number of places sprint can't, etc. Just yesterday I was enjoying Sprints lack of reliable data service. Price means nothing when the service is garbage.

I've been dealing with Sprint for years with a number of different phones thru work...I really hate them.

Sprint sucks, when I lived in Ft. Walton Beach Florida (which was a huge tourist/spring break area) I was standing in one of their stores and could not even get any service on my phone, once my contract was up went to Verizon and have never had any problems anywhere I have been, even out here in South Dakota I get excellent service.

I have this also and it's been better than TMobile and I've had reception when my gf's Verizon has not. So, until their problems trickle down and affect me, I stand with him. ;)

I just ordered a brand new EnV online last friday. While calling customer service to complain about persistant error message's that come up on my Motorola Q. Of which STILL havent gone away. The guy in the call center did work with me on rebates and the price, after all is said and done I will get the phone for free and in addittion be able to drop the rediculous data plan and thus saving even more money on my monthly bill. Ive never minded Verizon's service, always thought it was good but their phone quality does suck which Im sure can be blamed more on the company who manufacter's the phone itself but still, if Verizon know's a vendor sells shitty products why would they be so willing to put their name on them?

There really isnt much of a shareplan. Its $99.99 per line for each line. Its more set up for single line users. With the blackberry its $130 with unlimited data and unlimited minutes. The 8830 blackberry devices do have sim cards, but thats only for global use. We dont use sim cards because the phones can reprogram themselves over the air...

And about the shitty phones, the vendors sell us the same phones they sell other companies. Supply and demand win. When Verizon would test their phones for 6 months after other companies released the phones they got flack... now they get flack for releasing them when everyone else does. Its a lose lose situation.

I hate anything made by motorola.. I feel sorry for Nextel customers..

4 port overs from sprint already today in the last 2 hours because of this plan!

It's a little much for me but hey I will sale the dog dookie out of it!

I hate anything made by motorola.. I feel sorry for Nextel customers..

4 port overs from sprint already today in the last 2 hours because of this plan!

It's a little much for me but hey I will sale the dog dookie out of it!

I want to work in sales for the next few months!!!!!

It is pretty easy to beat. With Verizon I can get far more reliable data services, more bars in more places, less dropped calls, can actually make calls in a number of places sprint can't, etc. Just yesterday I was enjoying Sprints lack of reliable data service. Price means nothing when the service is garbage.

I've been dealing with Sprint for years with a number of different phones thru work...I really hate them.

Don't you have the VX8600 Joe? I dont know about you but I keep getting dropped calls all the time....

Dan