FedEx Ground really fucking sucks!!!

ShankroidBeast

OK, so I see a really good deal on a 37" Vizio HDTV that would go perfect in my bedroom. It's being shipped FedEx Ground which was a "free" shipping option. 99.9% of the time I do UPS ground with no problems. How bad could it be?

The fucking thing was shipped on 2/13. They go to deliver it, and of course I'm not home and there is a "delivery exception". No big deal, I thought I'll just call and have them hold it and it picked up at a FedEx place. Well apparently that is too much for them. She tells me they must first make 3 attempts to deliver and they can't leave it at FedEx. And of course I will be working those three days. So a package mailed on the 13th won't reach me until the 23rd (and I have to pick it up) which is a Saturday and I don't know if you can pick it up on a Saturday so it might even be later!

With UPS Ground I have NEVER had any of these problems. They have even contacted the driver with delivery options before the same day. This lady tell me that it takes 24-48 hour to contact a FedEx ground driver. In a digital age, that is ridiculous!!

So in my humble opinion, FedEx ground are a bunch of Ass-licking, in-bread, limp-dick, retarded, anal dwelling , ball licking, fart sniffing FUCKWADS!!!!

Well, I thought this rant would make me feel better but it didn't. I would rather have my ball hairs plucked out one by one than to have anything shipped FedEx Ground again!!

They told me the same thing but I did some reasearch and found out my package was in Columbus off Roberts Rd. and could be picked up after a certain time (presumably when the trucks have returned for the day). I went down there and had my package the same day as the first attempted delivery.

She said they "lock the trucks" and can't contact the driver for him to leave it. I remember my brother ordered a roll bar and it was shipped FedEx Ground. They said they couldn't find the address. It was sent back to the shipper TWICE. UPS , regular mail and every other delivery had no problem finding his apartment which had been there over 6 years. It took him about a month and a half to get something shipped to him via FedEx Ground. What a bunch of fucktards.

Better than suck ass DHL.

Everytime I order something and it comes DHL I have to pick the shit up by myself.

Not to mention those assholes cant drive AT ALL. They are lucky I havent seen one driving around in a while, Im on a mission to ticket the asshole DHL drivers.

I would say call back and get someone that knows what they are doing. I have picked up plenty of packages at the one out here after the first missed attempt.

The only way she would be right is if the tv is very heavy and they are too lazy to unload it.

so you're saying that its FedEx's fault that they only deliver during normal business hours during the week and even on saturdays and because you can't be home or ask a friend to be home and sign for you its their problem?

http://images.lamer.net/thumbs/tard-smiley-gif-indexicon.jpg

edit: i've used FedEx ground, UPS ground, and DHL ground all in the last month to order computer parts, not a single problem with any of them. Everything was delivered on time without hassle.

so you're saying that its FedEx's fault that they only deliver during normal business hours during the week and even on saturdays and because you can't be home or ask a friend to be home and sign for you its their problem?

http://images.lamer.net/thumbs/tard-smiley-gif-indexicon.jpg

edit: i've used FedEx ground, UPS ground, and DHL ground all in the last month to order computer parts, not a single problem with any of them. Everything was delivered on time without hassle.

I do almost all of my shopping online. I probably get on average 100+ packages a year, and very rarely have any problems. I stayed away form FedEx Ground because of what family and friends have gone through. A company that is CONSISTANTLY fucking up and has such poor customer service in this day and age is an atrocity as far as I'm concerned. Yes it is my fault for being cheap and not going with UPS. But the way they do business and their policies are a joke.

P.S. And yes I called back and got the same runaround with someone else.

You need to pay someone to stay at your house.

Last time I ordered camping supplies it was a very large box. 50 lb box. I wasn't home to pick it up. So the next day I went to the UPS place and picked it up. I only ship with UPS or USPS.

So in my humble opinion, FedEx ground are a bunch of Ass-licking, in-bread, limp-dick, retarded, anal dwelling , ball licking, fart sniffing FUCKWADS!!!!

WOW, you must really need that tv bad.

Every corporation has rules and guidlines they abide by for one reason or another. This lady is probably some low level office grunt just doing as she's told. If you say you can pick it up but she cant work out something with you, go higher up the food chain until you find someone who can. She wont make an exception if she thinks she'll get in trouble with management but if you find someone in management who is willing to help the customer over the rules then they will be more willing to help.

WOW, you must really need that tv bad.

Every corporation has rules and guidlines they abide by for one reason or another. This lady is probably some low level office grunt just doing as she's told. If you say you can pick it up but she cant work out something with you, go higher up the food chain until you find someone who can. She wont make an exception if she thinks she'll get in trouble with management but if you find someone in management who is willing to help the customer over the rules then they will be more willing to help.

As a matter of fact I do want it bad :mad: I'm into instant gratification, I HATE waiting for shit, and I hate incompetence.

What REALLY sucks is there is probably a very good chance the box won't fit in my Mustang. And my only option now is to pick it up. I suppose it could fit if I take it out of the box, and fold up the box and all that crap. What a royal pain in the ass. Like I said I have gotten hundreds of packages over the years and other companies have MUCH better policies, better communication, and better customer service. FedEx Ground Sucks more than a turbo-charged Hoover vacuum!!!

:doh:

It's better then them leaving it on your door step. You just need to be home, it's a pita. You should be able to pick it up though. That's some b.s. I've heard the same story about how the truck is locked and blah blah blah, but sometimes they let me pick it up after the first attempt. So I don't know how it works. At least it got there in one piece...

How much you get that TV for????????

I'm also in the market for a nice lcd tv for a good price so let me know

It was one of those deals I couldn't pass up. First of all it was a refurb from buy.com. But I first read the reviews of it and all the people also bought the "refurb" and they were 99% positive. It retails for $899. It does 1080i. Buy.com had it for $599 w/ free shipping. Plus I had a 5% discount coupon so it made it $569 out the door. You can do even better than that if you apply for a buy.com credit card (which I already did) and get $30 off. You just pay the bill and cancel the card. A 37" HDTV that does 1080i for less than $600. I had to jump on that!!!!

Go to http://www.buy.com and search for Vizio VX37L

More than likely its hat the Hilliard location on International I'd say go after work and ask them if they have it. I have never had a problems with doing this with fed ex when I missed the first pickup and I was always able to get it at that location. If they don't have it there it will be at the fed ex by the airport.

I ship out something like 4 to 5 HUNDRED packages a day by Fed-Ex Ground, and I can say that their delivery people are universally fucktards. I have literally no idea how any company can manage to so CONSISTENTLY fuck up the simple procedure of actually reading the damn shipping label on the fucking box. I've had stuff get taken to the wrong house, to the wrong street, to the wrong city, and even the wrong damn COUNTRY. Sure Alaska and Alberta start off the same, but three letters in there's a sudden plot twist!

The person you bought it from probably requested to receive a signature on the package. Also, there are certain areas that are "blacked out" for simply dropping off a package due to high crime rates.

I guess not getting it now is better than never getting it because it sat by your front door and got stolen. They're only protecting their asses.

Its funny that Fedex has such a bad rap, I honestly prefer them greatly to UPS. It goes like this: A box comes my way. I'm not home when the truck comes (Im never home, they really should know that by now.) So it bops back to the warehouse that night. Now with fedex, I take the tag over to International Drive, go into the nice lobby, hand the lady my ticket, and get my box within 5 minutes. With UPS on the other hand, I have to call an hour ahead of time, wait til at least 8 PM, go over to Trabue rd and try to find a parking space (good luck) either at their front office or their rear security booth (they decide at random), wait in line for 15 minutes, then stand around for 15 minutes while the box is 'tracked down', then another 10 for the guy to figure out the computer and scan it in, and then I get to haul it all the way back to my car.

What would you choose?

For Fed Ex here you can pick it up at the holding facility after 7 PM.

I still hate Fed Ex too. I ship a lot of stuff to N.C. UPS ground always only takes two days. Had to ship something Fed-EX last week, took 6 days. It took three days to get down to Columbus and then another three to get to N.C. If I order something from OH UPS ground, 99% of the time it's here the next morning.

I work for FedEx....i deal with both local/mainline stuff. If your not home to sign for something like that they wont leave it at your door step. ( maybe a bunch of Ass-licking, in-bread, limp-dick, retarded, anal dwelling , ball licking, fart sniffing FUCKWADS) would leave it at your door step. Its not FedEx's fault your not home, or it wont fit in your car.