Used Race Tires "scrubs"

rub35

I have multiple sets of race take-offs available on a regular basis. Some are good trackday or practice race tires and some are good street tires. All are misc. racing compounds, but offer good mileage for street riding.

I have Pirelli (Dragon SC and Diablo SC), Michelin (Pilot Race), Dunlop (D209, D211NT)and Bridgestones [180 only](BT002, BT003). Sizes 190, 180 rear and 120/70 front.

Prices are as follows:

Track

190/120 pr. $210

180/120 pr. $180

Street

190/120 pr. $180

180/120 pr. $150

Shipping pr. $20

good to know we have a tire source...this thread should be a sticky

No pun intended, eh?

These tires are schweet! I've been using them for like 10 years and have never had an issue with tires at all. Allows you to get away with stuff that would normally have you on your ass.

All you track day guys - keep in mind that take off tires are a GREAT idea over street compound tires. These are pretty much as good as they get - not a guy selling them with ten heat cycles on them. These are a LOT of guys who ran them through a handful of laps (i.e. a sprint race) and put on new tires. At the expert National ranks, they slap on new tires almost everytime they go out.

Great idea for the track day guys and budding racers...

All you track day guys - keep in mind that take off tires are a GREAT idea over street compound tires. These are pretty much as good as they get - not a guy selling them with ten heat cycles on them. These are a LOT of guys who ran them through a handful of laps (i.e. a sprint race) and put on new tires. At the expert National ranks, they slap on new tires almost everytime they go out.

Great idea for the track day guys and budding racers...

those were my reasoning for wanting some prolly will be after xmas!!

also how do the dunlops compare to the mich???

the dragon supa corsa are what com stock on my bike. would they be the same a what u got?? rain they are horrible but warm weather wasnt bad but not great imo

I would say since they are race tires to get the best of of them yes. However if you don't have warmers just be careful your first few laps giving them time to warmer up. These are some great prices though. I would definitely recommend these to anyone in need of tires.

The Dragons that come on the Triumph are the same that come on Ducs. They are an unknown compound. If you inspect the tire, there is no compound designation, so who knows what they are. It's funny, I raced on the Dragons for years and I always thought that they sucked in the rain, bit then when the new Diablos came out, we used the Dragons as intermediate (wet and damp track) tires- strange. The warmers are always helpful at track days; When I started racing there weren't any tire warmers, so you warmed the tires on the first couple of laps. Back then the tires were mostly Bias ply- damn I'm old.

The Dragons that come on the Triumph are the same that come on Ducs. They are an unknown compound. If you inspect the tire, there is no compound designation, so who knows what they are. It's funny, I raced on the Dragons for years and I always thought that they sucked in the rain, bit then when the new Diablos came out, we used the Dragons as intermediate (wet and damp track) tires- strange. The warmers are always helpful at track days; When I started racing there weren't any tire warmers, so you warmed the tires on the first couple of laps. Back then the tires were mostly Bias ply- damn I'm old.

Heck, remember the old D364s? After that, it was all downhill. The next few years were SHIT tires!! Turn 10 at Putnam on the old F3 pushing the front was a bit scary...

:eek:you didnt even have to mention the tires all you had to say was turn ten on an old f3

Trust me, when Reuben and I were around during the time I mention, turn ten at Putnam was WAY worse than it is now. They made a serious change back after a friend (Eric) was killed there... I almost gave up racing for good that day after seeing him die in front of us...

Great deal on tires!!! I'm going to get a set from ya after the holidays, as my R6 needs some new rubber for next season.

BTW, I've got Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa Pro's on my bike now and LOVE them! They stick like glue, but like said before, they are not that good in the rain/wet!