been awhile but heres my new project

lord_tris

1996 civic hatch

Just got it like 3 days ago.

First off some stock pictures of her. (its a texas car so there is no honda rust on this one)

http://www.modedaria.com/civic/stock.jpg

http://www.modedaria.com/civic/stockengine.jpg

New headlights is all I had daylight for (got off to late to do much else) I know the bumper is not lined up but I don't care as this weekend it should have a new one it that is not tore up ;)

http://www.modedaria.com/civic/newheadlights.jpg

http://www.modedaria.com/civic/installedheadlights.jpg

Here is the new oem bumper,oem lip, and oem fog lamps not installed yet.

http://www.modedaria.com/civic/newbumper.jpg

wife bought me some new rims and tires (have the coilovers down in texas now next update will have them on there)17inch rims with 205r4017

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/lord_tris/car/DSCF5961.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/lord_tris/car/DSCF5962.jpg

other plans before i leave for Korea are to:

install the bumper and lips (front and rear)(purchesed)

paint the car still did not deciede on the color yet

new grill(purchesed)

new rims and tires (black rims prefered) done

coil overs (haven't decided ont he brand yet.ksport,skunk2 maybe) bought

repaint the oem moldings so they are and nice black again

install oem CTR duckbill tail(purchesed) done

install oem fenders (purchesed)

Start saving for a b18c with itb w/internals to match swap when I get back from Korea.

Leave it stock, enjoy good gas mileage, and build up a sports car if you want to go fast. I spent all my money on a Civic, it was always having problems and was always slow. As soon as you put a fart can on one of those turds you'll be a cop magnet and hate life with your weekly dose of tickets.. then when you want to sell the car (if you can) you'll get back 10% of all the money you just wasted. But hey, if you want to be a ~30 year old who impresses highschoolers with his fucked up honda, have at it.

+1...if you're wanting to go fast, go v8. if you're wanting to handle, look at RX-7's. If you want to handle and go fast, V8 RX-7...or go JP's route and do a 4g63-RX-7.

Leave it stock, enjoy good gas mileage, and build up a sports car if you want to go fast. I spent all my money on a Civic, it was always having problems and was always slow. As soon as you put a fart can on one of those turds you'll be a cop magnet and hate life with your weekly dose of tickets.. then when you want to sell the car (if you can) you'll get back 10% of all the money you just wasted. But hey, if you want to be a ~30 year old who impresses highschoolers with his fucked up honda, have at it.

This thread must be like a joke or something.. I thought the black hood fad died out in the 90's? and olive green? Are you fucking kidding? And why would you put itb's on a daily driven Civic where the same money could be spent on a turbo kit? I think you need to restrategize your, well, life.

I don't want it stock, don't want a sports car. nor am I'm trying to impress anyone with the car. I want to build the car for me the way I want it and I am not going to be putting a "fart can" on it sorry, but thanks for assuming you know what I want to do and who I am. Apparently I don't care the color I don't want to be like everyone else now, on the turbo i don't want to deal with crap assoiciated with installing one of those i would rather want an all engine 225-275hp car and that will be fine with me. Why do I want ITBs because like the way the car sounds with them.

Oh yea Thanks for flaming me ON my Thread there MOD.

I like modded hatchbacks. One of the few typical imports that I like when done cleanly. They just look nice.

Keep us updated as you progress.

I like to see projects go from the ground up. We never get to see any here because every is so quick to jump on everything, forgetting that this isn't a Subaru, Dodge, Ford, Audi, or whatever they own board and people will bring different things to the table.

Nice start, but I've always thought the flat green/black paint looked extremely tacky and cheap. Just an opinion for ya.

THanks for the opinion I guess I don't know what to call the paint job that i want to do but its not going to be shinny (matte,satin,flat) I think how the shop put it too me was there will be a light coat of clear coat on the car, but it will not be shinny at all, its just on there to protect the paint from fingerprints and what not. Also I am not going rattle can the car its being done at a professional shop.

Dropped $4,500 on a jdm type ARGH swap, couple grand on cai/header/exhaust, did some exterior bs, and couldn't even beat a stock gs-r with an intake and pulleys. It was kinda fun around ten million rpms but anything under that was comparable to paint drying. My best 1/4 was a 14.9 and fwd understeer in turns just plain sucks. Modding civics is just plain failure compared to money spent on a sports car of the same value. Not to mention this dude is almost 30 years old and will be driving around some loud green econobox. I would be embarrassed.. but like you said if he likes humiliation and constant tickets, to each their own.

yeah civic's are not my type of cars either but what is concidered a sports car to you? what do you think about the civic's that come out of slowmotion and stuff?

This thread must be like a joke or something.. I thought the black hood fad died out in the 90's? and olive green? Are you fucking kidding? And why would you put itb's on a daily driven Civic where the same money could be spent on a turbo kit? I think you need to restrategize your, well, life.

Agreed, I hear the new fad is to buy cars that look like spaceships :o

Dude you are 28, Don't you think it is time to step to a real car not a econo box you are making due with? I mean if you like hondas and acuras cool go buy a tl, type s if you want to be sportier or a clean rsx or hell even a used late model civic si or what ever but not a shitbox that you bling out to "fool" people. The money you waste on that you chould buy a clean car and have something. Just my .02 not that you care

In spite of my DD being a monstrous blubbery tub of a Buick, I still like small cars to play around in. That said, Civic=FAIL. They're cheap to buy, but ridiculously expensive to mod beyond the basics.

Do like me, mod a V6 Shadow/Duster. Cheap to buy, cheap to mod, and with the right tweaks, they're an absolute beast on a road course.

• 2 weeks later...