skybus to close?

street pilot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a strong feeling something like this was going to happen. What better way to make a boat load of cash really quick. Good thing I decided to go with Southwest.

I doubt they ever made a boat load of cash on $10 tickets with the price of fuel today. My dad is a pilot, I'll have to ask him how much JP10 costs.

two more links:

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/NRSTAFF/867622618

http://dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2008/04/04/skybust.html

Pretty shitty they wont even refund those tickets. The links say to contact your credit card company, but I wouldnt think they would cancel the charges since they were authorized.

I just got back from a conference where the president of US Airways spoke. He commented that companies like Skybus were not going to make it long term. Looks like he was right. Including Skybus that makes two airlines in one week to go belly up.

The upside is it's an easy drive. Used to do it every month or more. I had it down to about 7.5-8hrs. Does suck that they are closing up here.

This sucks, we had tickets to NYC and were to leave on 04/16-04/18. i am not paying 500 per person to fly.

tom

WOW, we have tickets for our honeymoon for early June. I feel lucky that we have this much notice, and even luckier that I have a very generous family member who has stepped up to help us not have to pay a lot for replacement flights. :)

Have to call my credit union first thing to get a refund...

I doubt they ever made a boat load of cash on $10 tickets with the price of fuel today. My dad is a pilot, I'll have to ask him how much JP10 costs.

How many tickets do you think they sold? How much do you think their total operating costs were? My bet, they made a shit ton of money for flights they've now canceled. I was talking about this when they first started selling flights. It was just a matter of time before they closed their doors and pocketed the money. I bet if you follow this story, somebody made a lot of money.

Including Skybus that makes two airlines in one week to go belly up.

Wrong. Skybus is the third airline this week to go belly up. Aloha Airlines went under March 31, ATA Airlines went under April 2, and now Skybus on April 4.

I have never liked Scumbus from the beginning. It was detrimental to the airline industry. I could say a lot more about it, but all I'm going to say is good riddance!