NHL Playoffs!

Main3s

I know the Blue Jackets are out of the playoffs (11 points I think, LOL) and this was their BEST SEASON…Anyway, this isn’t about how bad the BJ’s are. Who do you think has the best shot at winning the Cup? I’m going with the Pittsburgh Penguins! They play Ottawa in the 1st round starting Wednesday. The Senators are pretty banged up now and have the worst record in the NHL since January despite have a killer start to the season. They killed the Penguins last year in the 1st round, but this year will should be a lot different. Your thoughts?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the West, I really like how San Jose is playing. They were tearing it up in Feb/March. And it would be nice to see Jody hoist the Cup.

In the East, I'd like to see Washington tear it up. Ovechkin is the heart and soul of that team. He's unbelievable to watch.

The Pens have some great young players in Crosby & Malkin. I can see them winning the series against Ottawa.

I don't know if we would take him back though...with what I've read regarding the direction Howson/Priest/Hitchcock are wanting to go - "win now" & keep the development of players down in Syracuse and go for guys that want to win in the big club.

We sure could have used him down the stretch though after Boll & Fritche got injured.

I don't know if we would take him back though...with what I've read regarding the direction Howson/Priest/Hitchcock are wanting to go - "win now" & keep the development of players down in Syracuse and go for guys that want to win in the big club.

We sure could have used him down the stretch though after Boll & Fritche got injured.

I know what you mean, we didn't use him very much when we did have him this year. I know he wants to come back and I know the fans want him back. We will see who wins.

I know what you mean, we didn't use him very much when we did have him this year. I know he wants to come back and I know the fans want him back. We will see who wins.

The Columbus organization is a bunch of idiots. At least the Crew learned, albeit slowly.

Washington is where Pittsburgh was last year. Ovechkin is great to watch, even though I hate to admit it since he beat Malkin in points and is kind of Crosbys evil twin. But I don't think Washington has the team to win a cup. I think they'll beat Philly in the 1st round but I don't see them going any further. I don't really pay much attention to the West, but I like the Dallas Stars. The Redwings always seem to go down hill in the playoffs.

Washington is where Pittsburgh was last year. Ovechkin is great to watch, even though I hate to admit it since he beat Malkin in points and is kind of Crosbys evil twin. But I don't think Washington has the team to win a cup. I think they'll beat Philly in the 1st round but I don't see them going any further. I don't really pay much attention to the West, but I like the Dallas Stars. The Redwings always seem to go down hill in the playoffs.

I was happy to see the Caps make it. They've fought hard and definilty deserve a spot, esepecially since they havent made an appearance since 01 i think. But Playoff hockey and regular season hockey are two different games. Playoff hockey is a hard hitting, VERY physical game. Philly has been one of the most physical teams all season and while the caps MIGHT have the talent to score i dont think they have the brawn. This is the same reason why Detroit seems to fall off, they've always got such powerhouse offensive combination's but they can only stay healthy so long after being hit in the mouth over and over. This is why they lost to Anaheim last season, or one of the reasons. This is ALSO the reason why Shelley went to San Jose, they needed more 'enforcers' what better way to add to that position than to pick up Shelley.

I see Philly beating the caps, detroit will make it to the final round just b/c they are the swedish fucking all-star team and have the talent. But I definitly see San Jose in the finals. Guess we'll find out eh?

Oh and does anyone know if theres truth to the rumors that VS will be showing double headers of ALL of the playoff games all the time? I hope so.

Gotta root for the west! My money is on San Jose, if I was to pick a stretch im pickin Dallas.

I think Philly is going to beat the Pens.

Quoted.

Oh and here is the tv listing and playoff schedule for anyone interested, looks like VS will have a few double headers, sweet. Now all i have to do is find a bar who is willing to show all of them :(

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule

Quoted.

Oh and here is the tv listing and playoff schedule for anyone interested, looks like VS will have a few double headers, sweet. Now all i have to do is find a bar who is willing to show all of them :(

let me know if you find one, i may join you.

let me know if you find one, i may join you.

Ha, the last time i tried to find a bar I almost got into a fight because some drunk asshole decided he wanted BOTH big screens to show the Cav's game instead of both the BJ's and Cav's games. Guy was a complete asshole and took everything I had not to confront him, some people.

Anyway, Im pretty sure Spoonz Pub off hard/sawmill has the NHL package and my sister is a bartender so thats a likely possability. The owner is a huge Sabre's so i like to take every chance i can get to remind him how much they suck :)

Quoted.

There is a bar off of Hard Rd called Chubbys. They have cheep bear good food, lots of TV's and if you get a booth they have TV’s in each with sound! I may try and catch Friday’s game there if anyone is interested.

I know the R Bar right across from Nationwide Arena will probably be showing all play-off games. Mike, the owner, plays and is a huge hockey fan.

They don't serve food, but will allow you to bring your own.

Yeah but thats downtown. I live off sawmill where there is literally a bar every 1000ft. I hear Gallow's Tavern off Bethel will have all the games and the owners play themselves so thats a possability. I went to Kennedys off of Polaris Pkwy and the manager was kind enough to put the Sharks Flames game on.

I really think San Jose has what it needs to win it and I fucking hate the Flames so hopefully they'll pull it out.