Grandfather passed away

nurkvinny

I am getting ready to drive to Dayton to attend my grandpa's funeral. He was a 50-year member of the VFW in Medway, OH, worked at Wright Patterson Air Force Base for countless years, always had a joke ready for me on the rare occassion I got to see him, and well, is literally responsible for me ever existing.

If you're into the prayer thing, please take a second or two for my grandpa, Alfred Adams, Sr. RIP.

Thanks

• Confused 1

Prayer tonight for the family for sure.

I'm glad you were able to get to know him. Unfortunately my grandparents were gone before I was old enough to interact. I was nine when my dads father passed.

Ironically, I love the WPAFB and would enjoy conversations with the workers there more than the place. In some way more my way of having adopted grandparents. Perhaps one of my conversations was with him.

God Bless man.

I am getting ready to drive to Dayton to attend my grandpa's funeral. He was a 50-year member of the VFW in Medway, OH, worked at Wright Patterson Air Force Base for countless years, always had a joke ready for me on the rare occassion I got to see him, and well, is literally responsible for me ever existing.

If you're into the prayer thing, please take a second or two for my grandpa, Alfred Adams, Sr. RIP.

Thanks

A few years back at my grandmother's funeral we all decided that funerals suck as a venue to catch up. So, every year we meet at someone's house at easter.

Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully his memory lives on in his family.

Thanks guys. I only really knew him from Christmas, weddings, funerals, etc, but he always treated me well, despite his history with the family. He moved to Dayton with his 2nd wife before I was born, and pissed off some of his kids.

I learned tonight that my grandpa was a Muskingum County Sheriff Deputy when my dad turned 16 and started raising Hell in Zanesville. That seems like it could have had its advantages. :)

His widow decided he would have hated having a funeral, so she and the ladies of the Medway VFW Hall threw him a wake instead. Turns out he is receiving a 21-gun salute ceremony sometime next week. I am definitely attending that so I can film it and show my kids someday. I would have loved to hear stories about the Air Force Base.