Recon for the West Trip in 2009

Earache

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our goal for the day is to make it to Bedrock to pick up a Christmas gift for my riding bud from Ireland. We stopped here last summer on our way to California for fuel and he liked the place.

Bedrock, Colorado consists of one building, the Bedrock Store...

IMG_2634Large.jpg

IMG_2636Large.jpg

IMG_2642Large.jpg

The store...

IMG_2644Large.jpg

They don't stock a lot of items, just the basics....

IMG_2646Large.jpg

And a classy shirt for my Irish friend.....

IMG_2647Large.jpg

Liquor is in the next room...

IMG_2649Large.jpg

A great old western store...

IMG_2650Large.jpg

Early the next day and we're heading up to Interstate 70 for the drive home. Had planned on going over Red Mountain Pass, but it was closed due to heavy snows and the avalanche cannon crews were in the hills blasting away.

Did get to see some caribou though. Early morning with low light, so the pics kinda suck...

IMG_2771Large.jpg

Cruising on Route 50 North. This will be one of the plast pics of the hills until I return next summer on the bike...

IMG_2776Large.jpg

IMG_2777Large.jpg

That's it. I have a shitload more pictures of stuff. If there's anything in particular you want to see more of, let me know and I'll post more pics of it.

I'll be doing a solo ride out here around July 2-13 and then again for the Ohio Rider's group trip in September.

Hope these pics entice some of the fence sitters into coming along with us in September!

Good Lord Eric.......And I thought I took a lot of pix?!? The wifey ever get pissed & tell you to hurry the fv@k up??? ;)

Nah, most of them were taken while driving - I never even slowed down for them. Just stuck the camera out the window and snapped.