WTB Mens Mountain bike

DaddyBuiltRacing

If your looking for a cheap mnt bike best bet is to hitup walmart. Any decent used mnt bike would run a couple hundered if you find one for $50 will have to put at least that much backinto it to make it rideable.

If I remember correctly, Walmart has 26 inch mountain bikes for $53.88. I was looking to buy one there myself.

-Mike

*EDIT* I just looked at their site and found this... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1977659

that'sthe exact bike i ride around with my son beside me

it does it's job

J.R.

Chiming in on Walmarts $50 bikes.... they suck. If you have any sort of standard in riding, don't doo eet. :)

I am, however, looking at their schwinn and mongoos bikes. Suspension and disk brakes for $200? Who can tell me why I shouldn't? :)

I bought one of the mongoose bikes with suspension and disc brakes from Target, I think it was right around $200-$250. They are fine for street use, but don't plan on actually taking it mountain biking.

Go to a used bike shop and buy a NICE specialized, diamondback or schwinn. About the same price and it will actually hold up to a few tree roots. :rolleyes:

Chiming in on Walmarts $50 bikes.... they suck. If you have any sort of standard in riding, don't doo eet. :)

I am, however, looking at their schwinn and mongoos bikes. Suspension and disk brakes for $200? Who can tell me why I shouldn't? :)

Have you ever seen or meet the bike assemblers at Walmart ? For a much better quality and reasonable priced bike I would suggest like a KHS Alite 300 which has suspension and disc brakes and run in the 300 range.

Have you ever seen or meet the bike assemblers at Walmart ?

They don't come out during the day, so no. :p I tend to assemble new bikes on my own..... but I don't buy many new bikes. Where is the used bike shop that you speak of, cuz I sure cant find one.

Wheel and Spoke, but its in zanesville. That was the price range though for a new bike, if you could find it used I would guess it would be less than 200. Alot of just bike retailers carry used models as well, however the only bike stores in columbus that I know of are the Trek dealers.

check out Dicks, perfomance bicycle, baer wheels. i know the first two carry iron horse, which are awesome mountain bikes and they have a lower end setup.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3060950&cp=2367828.2716578.1212382&cp=2367828.2716578&fbn=Brand%7CIron+Horse&f=Brand%2F93452%2F&fbc=1&categoryId=2712462&parentPage=search&searchId=27604371893

or i'd sell your my surly with some really nice knobby tires that can ride on pure ice no sweat for $650. (and it's a full 700/27in cyclecross frame)