Out for my first real ride today!

F4iBunny

My bike is new so I'm just running it in. I've been out a few times in parking lots and subdivisions getting used to it. Today I took it out to run some errands, close by and not too much speed needed due to traffic. Afterward Bret and I headed out of town to ride up on the less traffic roads and it was nice to finally get out and ride. I still have to keep it under 4000 revs so I'm only going about 35. It's gonna take forever to put 500 miles on it!!! We went about 40 miles today and I'm still just under 100. So if anyone's looking for a leisurely (slow) ride with a newbie, let me know. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable on the bike now so hopefully a few more of the long rides on country roads will get the milage up.

Just remember if you see the slow Ninja, it's just me trying to run her in. Hopefully we'll be up to speed soon!

My bike is new so I'm just running it in. I've been out a few times in parking lots and subdivisions getting used to it. Today I took it out to run some errands, close by and not too much speed needed due to traffic. Afterward Bret and I headed out of town to ride up on the less traffic roads and it was nice to finally get out and ride. I still have to keep it under 4000 revs so I'm only going about 35. It's gonna take forever to put 500 miles on it!!! We went about 40 miles today and I'm still just under 100. So if anyone's looking for a leisurely (slow) ride with a newbie, let me know. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable on the bike now so hopefully a few more of the long rides on country roads will get the milage up.

Just remember if you see the slow Ninja, it's just me trying to run her in. Hopefully we'll be up to speed soon!

That's recommended break-in, but not required. I would run my bike harder than that - up to 6-7000rpms or more for a short periods. The big thing is to vary the RPMs.

500 miles will go by fast. Have fun and wear your gear.

That's recommended break-in, but not required. I would run my bike harder than that - up to 6-7000rpms or more for a short periods. The big thing is to vary the RPMs.

500 miles will go by fast. Have fun and wear your gear.

so if you are taking too 4k rpms and only going 35???? You know to take it out of 1st gear right?? JK But really some say to break them in the way you are going to ride them. Flounder for instance hit the 4 mile mark on his GSXR 1k at 140 mph. So take it as you will I know all others have different oppinions but I agree to take in KINDA slow then beat the piss out of her like you want too.

flounders bike is slow asian. it was at the 4 mile mark because that is how long it took him to get there.

as for you bunny, just ride the bike like you want. change the oil after the 500mile mark and you'll be fine.

Sounds like you had fun. Nice meeting you and Bret again at Kickstand's last night.

just to add on this topic. The truth is you are probably not going to keep it for 100,000 miles anyways, you will probably get bored of it within a year and sell it. So just ride the thing

Ditto i dont know how many people i ran into that had 250's and were bored after about 3-4 mos.

well i have a 250 as well, so if you wanna ride slow my bike does slow. just let me know sometime if you see me at a bike night or pm me or whatever.