'71 Corolla powered by a 3800 Series II motor

Buck531

If you read the entire thread I think he was trying to do it for under a grand.

When it's all said an done and it drives, he was planning on putting a turbo on it.

Shitty motor? Compared to what?

The 3800 is an extremely reliable, cheap motor. However, I can't say I would have put it in a KE25.

Ditto but it will damn interesting to see how it turns out. Too bad I'll never know unless someone updates this thread. hint hint :D

If you read the entire thread I think he was trying to do it for under a grand.

When it's all said an done and it drives, he was planning on putting a turbo on it.

Shitty motor? Compared to what?

He could have swapped a 4AGE in it like he originally thought for less than a grand. I've bought two GTS parts cars for less than $400 a piece.

Compared to any motor Toyota has, minus the 1ZZ (which is still super reliable, just consumes oil a lot).

He could have swapped a 4AGE in it like he originally thought for less than a grand. I've bought two GTS parts cars for less than $400 a piece.

Compared to any motor Toyota has, minus the 1ZZ (which is still super reliable, just consumes oil a lot).

Off-topic: Get someone to change the spelling above your avatar. It's "fantasy" not "fanatsy" or whatever the hell it is. lol Been driving me crazy.

Well, I love the idea, the fabrication leaves alot to be desired though.

If he can get the front suspension geometry correct, that should be a very fun car. He may want to swap to a lower numerically rear gear also, I wish I could do the same with my 3800 powered FC but 3.90 is as low as Mazda went.

I can testify to the durability and performance of the 3800 engines, mine has seen 7 trackdays without the slightest hint of a problem and runs quicker in the 1/4 mile than a TII.

Would you put a Viper engine in your Mulletbird just b/c it made more power stock vs stock?

- That 3800 motor makes more power stock than your BUILT motor. :)

- A stock Viper motor is more expensive than a built LT1/LS1 that would make more power than it.

- Very questionable if a Viper motor would even fit. It may, but a BBC is quite the squeeze to get in there.

- That 3800 motor makes more power stock than your BUILT motor. :)

- A stock Viper motor is more expensive than a built LT1/LS1 that would make more power than it.

- Very questionable if a Viper motor would even fit. It may, but a BBC is quite the squeeze to get in there.

In defense of the 4AG, there are a couple out there making 350hp NA. I dont think a 3800 is making that bone stock.

Sam, if you find an oiginal untouched TE2x chassis like that in decent condition they're dirt cheap.. 800-1500 dollars from an elderly. But ive seen them as high as 3-5k in mint condition. Check out Toyota3tc.com and see if there are any for sale right now.

In defense of the 4AG, there are a couple out there making 350hp NA. I dont think a 3800 is making that bone stock.

Sam, if you find an oiginal untouched TE2x chassis like that in decent condition they're dirt cheap.. 800-1500 dollars from an elderly. But ive seen them as high as 2-3k in mint condition. Check out Toyota3tc.com and see if there are any for sale right now.

http://www.securemc.com/sites/folder13604/site_images_system/user/ttgt713dyno.jpg

stock bottom end ;).

I give that guy serious credit on undertaking such an ambitious project...with a quarter of the tools I have...in a rental garage as big as the bed of my truck...for $1000.

Good on ya, mate.

Thanks for the link, Bucky. I'm going to check on that guy's thread from time to time...

• 1 month later...