Dumbasses who put HIDs in halogen housings.

Farkas

There's a reason they make HID housings and glare shields, fucktards.

One specific black 2dr Civic with red sportmaxx wheels really annoys the shit out of me. It fucking blinds me, and I'm sure everyone else he drives behind. I see him all the time while I'm at work, looking out the front window to see where all of the light is coming from. Incase you didn't know, your shit isn't bright... you just have a shit ton of glare, and scattered light.

Im getting HIDS because halogens just arent bright enough. I think your problems come from people just not aiming them properly. Ive helped a couple friends setup their cars and the difference was night and day.

Im getting HIDS because halogens just arent bright enough. I think your problems come from people just not aiming them properly. Ive helped a couple friends setup their cars and the difference was night and day.

but if you aim them a little high then you can read the street signs easier;)

Oh and to combat that issue you have buy a 2 million candle watt cigerette lighter plugin spotlight at target or meijer and point it backwards. I think they are 9.99 :)

This is the best advice you have ever given, serious. I'm making a trip to target to find one now.

I always get people who flick their brights on at me while driving my Colorado. This is with stock, halogen, low beams. They do work damn well for stock headlights, I must say. I usually drive with my hand close to the selector stalk though, so I can blast them back with my highs. :lol: I <3 doing that.

Anybody know anything about h3 hid retrofits in oem halogen projector housings? I realize they are stock halogen projectors, but they do have a good cutoff. I've been reading into it a good deal, and most of the scattered light is a result of how deep into the lense the hid retrofit bulbs fit in halogen lenses, causing skewed reflection geometry. There are now available hid retrofits for h3 housings that feature a different bulb geometry, placing it the same depth into the lense as the oem halogen bulb ( i think they're called h3-c ).

Basically, will this corrected mounting depth help to get rid of horrible beam pattern associated w/ most hid retrofits? It should in theory, right?

One specific black 2dr Civic with red sportmaxx wheels really annoys the shit out of me. It fucking blinds me, and I'm sure everyone else he drives behind. I see him all the time while I'm at work, looking out the front window to see where all of the light is coming from. Incase you didn't know, your shit isn't bright... you just have a shit ton of glare, and scattered light.

+10

Just go get ricer blue lights like everyone else, and stop blinding everyone!:mad:

Yeah, I love the idiots with the blinding blue lights. So much, in fact, that I'm going to install some high-power strobes in my rear window, aimed backwards, and tuned to flicker at 21Hz. No big deal, I just like being blinded by the glare so much that I'll be happy to give them a free test for epileptic seizures.

i've got HID kits in my cobra and GTO. the GTO's are amazingly bright--my brother was driving behind me in the car and i realized how damn bright they are--holy shit. who gives a shit about glare and other drivers on the road, they're bright as fuck, and i can see twice as far in front of me when driving at night.

and i can see twice as far in front of me when driving at night.

compared to what?

Generally the output of HIDs in halogen housings is typically worse than your OE halogens. Not to mention the scattered light going every as opposed to the directed light you would get with your typical halogen bulb and housing.

my HIDs arent too bad in the projector housing, but people still flash their brights at me because the silvia headlights are reflected to be brighter on the left side where people dont drive in japan...

compared to what?

Generally the output of HIDs in halogen housings is typically worse than your OE halogens. Not to mention the scattered light going every as opposed to the directed light you would get with your typical halogen bulb and housing.

what are you, a fucking physicist or something?? oh wait, i just checked your sig, and it says you're 21--never mind.

let me put it to you this way:

1) driving GTO with normal factory headlights--difficult to see things on the road at night (street signs, people on the side of the road, etc. etc.)

2) adjust beams of factory headlights to aim a bit higher (at the suggestion of members of ls1gto.com, who fully admit and are aware that the stock headlights suck)--a little bit better, but still shitty (free mod)

3) swap in slightly higher output bulbs (actually, these bulbs are the same as the ones in the "high beam" housing) and shut off the daytime running lights so as not to burn the bulbs out prematurely--again, at the suggestion of the gto site. somewhat improved, i'm actually happy with the outcome, and willing to let things be. ($15 mod)

BUT.............

4) group buy comes across the site (ls1gto.com) from an established vendor for HID kits with a lifetime warranty, and a harness included to provide extra power from the battery so that the lights don't occasionally 'flicker', which can happen with 'non-factory' high output headlights. kit was $200 (in other words relatively cheap for me), easy to install, and provided the car with absolute blinding light. i can see all the fucking way down my street at night now. and i drive the car at times when there's not too many people on the road.

so to answer your question, the bulbs and light output are far, far superior to the factory units.