Ohio to Ban Pit Bulls CREW

dsm_sleeper

Ohio Representative Tyrone Yates introduced House Bill 568 (the 'Bill'), which, if passed, will prohibit the ownership of pit bulls in the State of Ohio. The Bill requires all owners to surrender their 'pit bulls' within 90 days of the effective date of the proposed law. The Bill provides that the dog warden 'shall' euthanize all pit bulls within 10 days of their surrender. In addition, a dog warden or other officer that has probable cause to believe that a dog is a 'pit bull,' may apply for a search warrant. With a search warrant, an officer will have the authority to seize the dog and surrender the dog to the dog warden to be killed.

To see a copy of the Bill, please visit: http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=127_HB_568.

We heard from Webster's Aide earlier today and she indicated that the Bill has been assigned to a committee. Until I am informed of the committee considering the Bill, there are a few things each of us can do. Please DO NOT WAIT to do the following: please remember to be polite and respectful in all correspondence!

Ohio Residents:

Contact Your House Rep as follows:

(1) Draft a PERSONALIZED LETTER to your house representative. If you do not know who your representative is, please visit: click

In the letter, indicate that you are a constituent, that you oppose Bill 568, that you will leave Ohio if this passes (if that is the case) and that you want your representative to oppose the Bill.

Please try to send this letter out immediately.

(2) Call your representative to express your opposition and to urge your representative's opposition. Tell him/her that you will fight this all the way. Remember to leave your name, city of residence and phone number. You will most probably get your reps voicemail. Please plan what to say prior to making the call.

ALTHOUGH EMAILS ARE EASIER, PLEASE FOCUS ON SENDING LETTERS AND CALLING. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AT THIS POINT!!!!! TAKE 15 MINUTES TO WRITE A LETTER AND MAKE SURE TO PERSONALIZE IT. OUR REPRESENTATIVES NOTICE WHEN THEY RECIEVE FORM LETTERS.

(3) Send an e-mail to your representative urging him/her to vote against the Bill. Tell him/her that you will leave Ohio if this passes.

***For additional talking points for your letters, please visit: click

Contact the Leadership: (contact information below)

(1) Use the LETTER you sent to your representative and revise it slightly. Although you may not be a constituent, leadership has a lot of power and expects to hear from the residents of Ohio. So, please send letters.

(2) Call each member of the leadership. You will probably get voicemail but please leave your name, city of residence and phone number. Please plan what you will say prior to making the call.

****At this point, we do not want emails sent to leadership.*************

IF YOU CAN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ONCE YOU'VE SENT THE LETTER, LEFT A VOICE MAIL AND EMAILED. WE ARE TRYING TO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT EVERYONE'S DONE AND WE'RE TRYING TO FIGHT THIS AS A UNIFIED GROUP SO YOUR COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED!

Out of State Individuals Wishing to Voice Opposition:

Until we determine to which committee the Bill has been assigned, if you would like to voice your opposition, the best thing to do is to:

(1) Send LETTERS to House Leaders (contact info below) and voice your opposition.

(2) Call the leadership and leave messages voicing your opposition.

Leadership Contact Information:

John Husted

Speaker of the House

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 644-6008

Fax : (614) 719-3591

Email Address: district37@ohr.state.oh.us

Kevin DeWine

Speaker Pro Tempore

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 644-6020

Fax : (614) 719-3970

Email Address: district70@ohr.state.oh.us

Larry L. Flowers

Majority Floor Leader

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 466-4847

Fax : (614) 719-6958

Email Address: district19@ohr.state.oh.us

Jim Carmichael

Assistant Majority Floor Leader

77 S. High St

12th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 466-1474

Fax : (614) 719-0003

Email Address: district03@ohr.state.oh.us

Michelle G. Schneider

Majority Whip

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 644-6023

Fax : (614) 719-3589

Email Address: district35@ohr.state.oh.us

Shannon Jones

Assistant Majority Whip

77 S. High St

11th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 644-6027

Fax : (614) 719-3967

Email Address: district67@ohr.state.oh.us

Joyce Beatty

Minority Leader

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 466-5343

Fax : (614) 719-3581

Email Address: district27@ohr.state.oh.us

T. Todd Book

Assistant Minority Leader

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 466-2124

Fax : (614) 719-6989

Email Address: district89@ohr.state.oh.us

Fred Strahorn

Minority Whip

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 466-2960

Fax : (614) 719-6940

Email Address: district40@ohr.state.oh.us

Mike Foley

Assistant Minority Whip

77 S. High St

14th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215-6111

Telephone: (614) 466-3350

Fax : (614) 719-3910

Email Address: district14@ohr.state.oh.us

Shana Klein, President

P.O. Box 19081

Cleveland, Ohio 44119

http://www.canineadvocatesofohio.org

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pit Bulls are bad....

Mmmmmmkay.

KillJoy

If your being serious you just lost so much respect in my eyes. I see no reason to ban a breed, the Am staff is a wonder well tempered dog, People and there backyard junkyard "Pits" are what causes this problem.

I tell you waht the day I have a dog warden give me shit for my dog or my future dogs is the day I end up in jail.

I have plans to purchase a full blooded amstaff soon and I've had my dog called a "PIT" so many times its not funny and hes not a pit. Technically he is 1/6th pit but he is considered a breed.

Fuck every stupid mother fucker that wants to ban dogs/guns or anything else that is not bad in itself.

True. Most of the dogs that people think are 'pits' are not.

Here's a quick test to see if you can Find the Pit: http://www.pbrc.net/poppysplace/games/AdultFindabull/findpitbull_v4.html

There's some good info on Pit Bulls here:

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/features/factspitbulls.php

maybe this will cut back on all the gangsters around Columbus.

Please kill yourself as your stupidity only degresses the progression of the human race.

-God

He left that note for you.

What the fuck does a dog have to do with ganstahs. We should ban 20 inch rims because gangstahs dirve with them. Let me keep going?

Banning a breed is like banning a race.

Guest mrhobbz
Please kill yourself as your stupidity only degresses the progression of the human race.

-God

He left that note for you.

What the fuck does a dog have to do with ganstahs. We should ban 20 inch rims because gangstahs dirve with them. Let me keep going?

Banning a breed is like banning a race.

Lets ban lincolns, caddys, hydraulics, nextels, baggy pants, subwoofers and pizza while we're at it.

BTW I passed the APBT Test, I doubt most people would and what scares me is that lalot of those dogs look like my boy :(

http://www.i7-d.com/thorne/theboys/100_0505.JPG

Fuck that I will totaly screw up my credit life and everything and move before some mother fucker takes my dog.

http://bamb.ohiogaming.net/thorne/dooooo/100_0543.JPG

Sooo fucking evil.