What to buy?

wnaplay1647545503

I am possibly quiting my job here soon and will need a daily to drive. I have not necessarily needed a car for 10years since having a company car so I only had beaters. But now I want a decent car(newer). My current company car is a hhr. Which I dont mind and seems to get real good gas mileage. And I can get a used one for around $9000. I need 4 dr and can seat 5. Must be a car not an suv. Looking for something good on gas, reasonably priced cheap. Any suggestions?

If you want reliability into the mix along with the good gas mileage Id say stick with Honda or Toyota. Ive been getting close to 28mpg highway miles on my V6. You could get a Lexus ES, Toyota Camry or Avalon if you want four doors. The Accord would work too. Civics are good too, just the only problem is if you want to seat 5 people a bit more comfortably a civic will not work. I carpool with someone who has a civic and my head hits the roof and its pretty cramped int he back with two people in the back.

Subaru are good too.

What about an HHR SS...

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/vehicle-reviews/chevrolet-introduces-turbocharged-2008-hhr-ss/6923855+w700+cr1+re0+ar1/2008-chevrolet-hhr-ss.jpg

Bombdiggity! I kinda like it

How bout a late 90's Audi A8. They are all aluminum so they are light. Its a bigger car but has plenty of power with the 4.2 V8 and it gets almost 30mpg highway.

They are still 2 ton cars, :p

But, I have seen guys claim 26-28 with a very easy foot.