what to expect (court)...?

evan9381

so i was in the accident that totalled my car april 25...the other driver was found at fault by police, ticketed. his insurance company admitted fault after i made it clear i wasnt going to deal with any bullshit from them...at first, they were not going to do anything until the kid went to court and got an outcome. this was going to be ~2 weeks from the date i talked to his company, which was a week after the crash.

fastforward to today. his insurance company already paid the big chunk of my car, my policy has paid my medical bills (which they will in turn collect from his once everything is done and over with and i settle out). today, i get a letter in the mail from the franklin county court, traffic division. it says

"city of westerville

vs.

nathaniel XXXXXXXX"

subpoena

this subpoena is an official notice that the above named party must appear in court to testify as a witness"

then date, time, courtroom, etc

so i guess im curious as to why it would be westerville vs. him. westerville issued him the ticket, so i figured if he would contest it, it would be in their court, and either they find him guilty and he still pays or not guilty and they dump the case... im not sure why its in FCMC now.

i guess i shouldnt be too worried since im just a witness, but it struck me off guard

ideas?

i dont believe he did...i was going NB in the center turn lane getting ready to turn left, and he pulled out from the east side of the road (across 2 NB lanes + the center turn) trying to go left when i t-boned him. they said since he didnt have right-of-way on a left hand turn, he was at fault. only thing involved was me and him.

From my understanding of law the City of Westerville (plaintif) is initiating suit against Nathaniel XXXXXXXX (defendant). It would be the other way around if Nathanial was taking suit against the City of Westerville. If Nathaniel has been found guilty of a criminal act, the City of Westerville can now go after him because he has "offended society."

That's just my take on it. It could be wrong.