What a night (rant inside + pics)

DaddyBuiltRacing

So I was heading over to RHDEG6's house to put on some new springs on ol Pinky. The springs I put on it before for whatever reason crushed it beyond belief. Anyways, we just get off lane ave and onto 315, make it up the on ramp and bounce, bounce, bounce, boom! I hear something dragging, pull off to the side of the road, pop the hood to discover that my cross member had decided to come off my car.

We are sitting there trying to figure out what the hell to do since my crossmember is litterally laying on the ground halfway attached to my car and no other spots to fit a jack in to even try and jack the car up. A cop rolls by and stops to see whats going on. We tell him the situation and show him whats up. He calls a tow truck for us and we think the problem is solved....wrong! Tow truck gets there and its just a regular tow truck not a roll back. The dude is a total asshole and im already fired up so I have to litterally walk away before knocking his teeth down his throat. He then tells me for them to tow it with a roll back its gonna be 250 dollars! 250 dollars to tow in litterally 5mins to my house. So i'm like no thanks have a good night. He leaves so we call another tow truck.

He shows up and puts it on his rollback with no issues and charges me 165 bucks to tow it to Pickerington.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/xmember.jpg

That is my crossmember laying on the ground, we took the font bumper off so it wouldnt get messed up while putting it on the truck. Sorry the pic quality sucks but I only had my cell phone handy.

While sitting there 2 Lambo's passed us and some other ballin cars.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah maybe one day I can own a cool car like a mustang, oh wait been there done that and hated it. But thanks for the great response :asshole:

Umm I really have no clue, I am thinking that a series of horrible bumps caused enough vibrations to rattle the bolts loose from the crossmember because they are no where to be found! It will be fixed later today once it cools down outside.

Whether a Civic or any other car, it sucks sitting on the side of the road with a broke ass car.

QFT and you know what I learned about people in this day and age...they are rude as fuck. I am sitting there with my buddy, with a broke car and all people wanna do is come by yelling and waving and honking. If one of them would've stopped I would be in jail for assault because someone was going to get an ass beating. And your right it doesnt matter what kind of car it is...cars break! Isn't ford kinda known for Fixed Or Repaied Daily or Found On Road Dead? On a side note while sitting there waiting on a tow truck 2 bad ass lambo's did cruise by us lol.

You know what sucked even worse about sitting on the side of the road? I have only lived up here for about a month and honestly only know about 3 people that live up here, 1 being my roomate who was at a concert and couldnt call a tow truck for me. Had it not been for the cop that stopped my car would've been sitting there a lot longer then it did.

I am usually not a fan of police but this cop was cool as hell. He stopped to make sure everyone was alright, put road flares out for us so we wouldnt be crushed (although at the time I was praying someone would hit the damn thing lol), didnt bitch about getting it off the highway, none of that. Just called a tow truck for us which we couldnt use since it was a regluar truck not a roll back and the driver was a total douchebag. Tried telling me 250bucks to tow it 5mins away from where I was broke down.

I highly recommend Carters Towing out of Grove City. The driver knocked 60bucks off the tow bill just because we shot the shit with him and he hauled balls down the highway so we didnt have to wait on him.

That is why CR has a site sponsor towing company that is the win.

Sorry didnt have the laptop hooked up in the car friday night lol! So it just keeps getting better, we tear off the crossmember and im pretty sure its destroyed. Looks to be twisted, idk if it can be put in a vice and untwisted or heated up and untwisted. There goes a 300dollar part down the drain............

+1.

Too many other cars out there, both foreign and domestic, to be dealing with a Civic.

I wonder when my crx turned into a civic? I love how import haters are always like "buy a mans car" blah blah blah, shit from what I read on here their broke down more often then my "civic"

I wonder when my crx turned into a civic? I love how import haters are always like "buy a mans car" blah blah blah, shit from what I read on here their broke down more often then my "civic"

I love how when someone does not like FWD econo-boxes, they are automatically labled as "import haters." I don't like the Ford Focus, Chevy Cavalier, etc. either; I must hate domestics too.

And your car was refered to as a Civic multiple times in this thread, which you never previously corrected, which would lead one to believe that you drove a Civic.

You dont really see people talking to much shit about domestic 4 bangers though like you do a import. Oh well its whatever

What color is your CRX again ?

Oh yeah:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/2348000-2348999/2348183_12_full.jpg

:p

What color is your CRX again ?

Oh yeah:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/2348000-2348999/2348183_12_full.jpg

:p

You drive an audi which is most commonly driven by gay men...I drive a pink car becuase I have a big mouth with enough balls to back it up....wanna continue on?

Is it still down in Pick town? I think I saw it with the bumper off in a driveway not too far from my house. If it's still down here and you're going to be working on it this weekend let me know. I can swing by and lend a hand. :)

Ken

You drive an audi which is most commonly driven by gay men...I drive a pink car becuase I have a big mouth with enough balls to back it up....wanna continue on?

Odd, my fiancée sure has perky tits for being a gay dude. No pecker either. Yet she drives an Audi. As do a number of other guys on this board, none of which I am aware is gay. Audi does a LOT of marketing towards men too, and isn't the gay-loved brand that VW is known to be.

But you drive a pink CRX = uber cool.